5.8 Mast Spanner

dryzabone 644

I renamed her dryzabone last year after she was named Boner when I bought her ... and for some reason my fellow financial backer wasn't too keen on the name !!

So really late one cold wet night up at Windamere with Gerald (Rev might have still been awake, but I'm a bit hazy on that point), standing around in our drisabones, knocking off the dregs of the esky, we decided we needed a name that kept some of the old and had a bit of bush character in it, and decided on dryzabone ... simple really

It has come back to bite me though ... I had gone over at Port Hunter, and apparently someone asked Rev what the name of the boat was that had tipped and he (apparently) turned around with a straight look on his face and said ... 'dry as a bone'

bugga!

[This message has been edited by dryzabone 644 (edited 24 March 2006).]

[This message has been edited by dryzabone 644 (edited 24 March 2006).]

Steve,

Yep, I do have those and that's what I thought they might have been for, but when I have trialled it through there it seems really inefficient and clumsy.

The pulleys seem to be pointing in the wrong direction to get a clean pull on the spanner ...

I will be having a look at other set-ups this weekend at Windamere. Bring Foreign Order up so I can have a look at her set-up !!

Hey Emmessee,

You should buy a Nacra 5.8 and come and join us in the Super Series next season, you are cashed up after off loading your "A" class. With an average of 9 5.8's per round in the Super Series it's great one class competitive sailing and a nice friendly and casual atmosphere. Other than Nacra F 18's and Nacra 5.8's we had 1 Nacra 16 m2 turn up to the States 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen a Nacra 5.0 sailing for 5 years.

Regards Graceland 1591.

Dryza you will probally find the boat was origanly setup with a over rotaion system this was all the rage at one time. Use to have a pulley in the eyelit in the tramp next to the tramp pocket. The rope would run threw the pulley on the beam then threw the pulley on the tramp out to the rotation spanner and tie off back on the pulley on the tramp. Was good going square down wind you could over rotate the mast. Once we started wild sideing down wind we did not need to over rotate the mast anymore. Most took it off because there was to much friction.

Archived