Which Nacra?

gloryhound

Well put Paul, I agree with you 100%.

It's not about the winning - its all about the smiles! I know I don't have the skill needed to get the very best out of my boats. But I try my best, have as much fun as I can, and if I learn something new along the way - thats just a bonus.

Cheers

Barry

[This message has been edited by BarryK1200LT (edited 22 February 2008).]

Thanks for the kind offer, John. Cleveland Club is in a great position and I hear nothing but good things about the friendliness of those that sail out of there.

The one thing that causes me a little hesitation is your pretty daunting concrete launching ramp with "rock gardens" either side. It must be very interesting coming in there with a southerly Moreton chop and half tide? I'm sure the regulars have it sussed so how do you do it safely?

I will have to pass on your offer this Sunday as my boat "As good as it gets" is currently stored at the Sunshine Coast in the hope I can poke around a bit more in the Mooloolaba/Maroochy area. Hopefully when we ever get reasonable seas and steady winds again I'd like to do a lap up to and around Mudjimba Island and back.

Cheers,

Paul

"If you haven't got a plan then nothing can go wrong": Spike Milligan

When I first saw the ramp and rock garden I was also put off... but there are local tricks.

The ramp goes a long way out and beyond it is mud. So no problem .. when the tide is out simply stop at the end of the ramp.

When the tide is in, pull up anywhere between the end of the ramp and about midway to shore. Walk your floating boat onto the ramp to avoid the garden and bring it in.

The most important thing is to pull your centreboards up at the outer marker.

Might sound complicated, but even a simple bear like me can do it!

john

Archived