5.8 regattas SEQ

Drew

Hi Drew and others,

Boat is back together after a few reno’s and hopefully ready to sail on the weekend.

Unfortunately I can’t make Saturday but I’m hoping to get there for the two races on Sunday. To ensure I am able to enter, I am planning on getting a mate to submit my entry form and fee on the Saturday and get a DNS for the first two races.

I’m guessing this will be acceptable, if anyone knows any different please let me know.

Cheers

Nick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allboats regatta was a success. 7 5.8s turned up, six had sail numbers above 1600.

Conditions were great for August, 30 degrees and 10 to 15 knots Saturday 5 to 12 Sunday.

Black magic won both races on Saturday, fulltilt 1st Sunday race and Rogue elephant second Sunday race. (within the 5.8s)

We were slow upwind on Saturday but more mast rake and softer battens made a big diference. Starts were critical with 49 cats on the line and the pin end favoured.

Drew you need to check what boats you say won out out of the 58s Rouge elephant wasnt even at the regatta. Phantom Menace won the last race on sunday between the 58s. It was a great turn out by the nacras and with a bit of planning maybe there will be some other weekends that the bundy boats will travel to ,

Do you have any more details on the Tinne regatta. Like where exactly is it?

Allboats regatta was good, but still looking forward to sailing in a constent breeze from the one direction!! Still haven't wild sided the new beast yet could be interesting when I do. Its been a while. Might have to buy some cartons in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

quick summary of humpybash 5.8s. 6 new boats and one older boat turned up for an excellent weekend. Black magic won a couple, fulltilt won 1(but need to put alot more time on the water to be competitive in stronger winds), but the interesting thing was scotty was unbeatable in over 12 knots. Great to see the bundy boats making the effort to travel.

• 3 weeks later...

7 5.8s turned up at Cootharabah with some close racing. Black Magic proved too good in the very patchy conditions. Fulltilt sailed an interesting mixture of very fast and very slow including a capsize while miles in front(just for practise!!)( do not let the downhaul off while powered up downwind)but we realy enjoyed the weekend. Good to see other boats there including the old rogue elephant with new owners, both them and Disturbed were getting quicker all weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived