QB plans and moulds

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

If anybody is still following this post I can fill in a few blanks.

I owned and raced The Beez Knees (307) from about 1985 to 1992-3. Great to see it's still racing. Was on the QB3 committee for a few years. I am still in touch with a couple of the old crew.

I still have a few bits and pieces if anybody wants them.

Quest - Yes I know somebody who would LOVE spare bits and pieces!

Beez Neez has been sold and I suspect is no longer raced BUT he bought another boat called "T*N Party" (the letters between T and N are missing.. its not a swear word)

His name is Tom and he works with former Cube sailor Chris Culph

Hey Mitchlb44 you don't know the sail number of t*n Party? Is it a 2 or 3?

What's Culphy up to these days, haven't seen him for years?

As for the bits;

I have a fore beam (new)and a main beam (not drilled, is a peice of the old 2 mast), a 2 main, some 2 and I think 3 jibs, there may even be an ally rudder box or two up at the factory (off Sonic). These bits are spread over different parts of Victoria so may take a few weeks to get if they are of any use to anybody. There may be more, I will go for a rummage. You can email me richard@sumit.com.au

With regards to the original plans, Lindsay Cummingham will still have a copy. Lindsay and his dad designed the Cube. I restored a Quickcat about 10 years ago and had to rebuild the centre frame, I rang Lindsay and he ran me off a copy of the plans for about $20. He would also be able to tell you about the Elwood Junior as I am sure that is a Cumminham design.

• 2 months later...

Originally posted by Damo:

My father "Lance Widdy" raced a QB2 in the 70's called Hustler red in colour sailed out from McCray sailing club (spelling?)in Melbourne. Apparently the last boat built was by Barry McMahon he had moulds, quite a while ago. I would love to build one. Even if I could find a old one to make into a plug and get them back on the water again.

Cheers

Damien

PS Hey Quest did I read your post right did you get QB2 plans for $20.00 from Lyndsay Cunningham? if so do you have his number?

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Damo (edited 06 March 2010).]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived