cost of national titles

I think $300 to attend the national titles is over the top this is the price you pay to go to world titles with international juries to hear protests. What do we get for $300 free sausages and free beer after racing??

If the association wants boats to go to nationals they must drop the price to what other class's pay for national titles. Once upon a time we had 70 boats to a national title, may be this could happen again with reasonable pricing

KEN

I would love to get to the Nationals but it is going to be tough to convince the wife at $300.00 + travel + accom, etc. Especially as we would be going for fun mainly, as I am to unfit to manage much else. Any other 5.7s going?

Does anyone know what the weather is usually like at Belmont in January?

anyone else ever had the feeling that you've shot yourself in the foot? I've only got to come up with $250 for Hervey Bay in January ....

[This message has been edited by cruiser (edited 19 July 2009).]

Originally posted by Deadlypurrsuit:

Does anyone know what the weather is usually like at Belmont in January?

Belmont?

The next nationals are going to be in lakes entrance, Paynesville.

were taking the capricorn up there to play with the 5.7's.

Originally posted by felix 183:

I think $300 to attend the national titles is over the top this is the price you pay to go to world titles with international juries to hear protests. What do we get for $300 free sausages and free beer after racing??

I paid from memory twice that for the F18 worlds and more for Tornado worlds. Events that also had a LOT more competitors and several very healthy sponnsorship deals to help offset the price of the regatta

$300 will also provide

Trophies

Shirts

Use of a club's start boats, fuel, wear and tear

Equiptment (or use off) such as bouys, flags

Use of a club's facilities which is not a free-bee for the class.

Insurance

Promotional material and race documents.

and I am sure I have still missed quiet a it.

Organise your own regatta and work out the costs.

Bear in mind that a lot of these costs do not go down when you have fewer competitors, therefor price per competitor goes up.

Thanks Hood and Tornado,

Of course the Nationals are at Paynesville. Don't know what I was thinking. I have been considering an MG14, (for the heavier days), from Belmont way at present.

I guess you are right with the costs. Insurance is a biggy, all costs are going up and sailing numbers are going down. I would rather have the event at a cost than none at all.

Having said that, time, distance and costs will mean I will miss the fun yet again in December. Regards from CQ, Carl

I have paid similar prices at a Tasar Nationals, fleet of 70 boats. We did have lots of prizes and not to mention great sponsers, such as a Pallet of Coopers beer and half a pallet of Champayne. Needles to say the happy hour after the race was VERY happy.

But yes unfortunately all costs go up, regatta running costs and living/accommodation costs. It's hard to balance quality and price when working out what to provide for a Regatta.

Good luck to the organisers and I hope it all works out because I wouldn't miss it for the world. This is my first season on a Taipan so I won't be there for the glory, just for the FUN.

Archived