Anybody know where a new 5.7 mast is?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by djufrt 137 5.7:

I am actualy thinking of trading up to something for the family, so if someone is interested the boat will go. and it is the best 5.7 around! and now has a kite and self tacking jib (best thing i ever put on the boat!)

[This message has been edited by djufrt 137 5.7 (edited 07 January 2010).]

AHPC are trying to convince him to go F18 rig because he destroyed his full rig and they havn't got the 5.7 length mast in the country. Last I heard is that if he can't get his boat going from the people selling the parts for it he won't buy another from them and to be honest I would couldn't blame him. It's pretty piss weak that there's no mast in the country for it.

Are you out there Macca? Have you got a new mast available?

[This message has been edited by madboutcats (edited 08 January 2010).]

Best boat! I'll stand by it till proven otherwise!!

I am very surprised that AHPC dont have the 5.7 mast, I bought one not 10 months ago, it's the same as the capricorn mast but the caps cut a foot of it, now unless soneone has cut a foot off the masts that AHPC had in stock (i doubt they would) they should have one.

they had another 3-4 out the back when i got mine. ring and talk to greg.

I don't think it is unreasonable for AHPC to stop supporting the 5.7, they didn't build very many and stopped production 10? years ago... how long do they have to go?

Colin's boat is very pretty btw, but the self tacking jib works much better when it is attached to the jib car!!! smile.gif

Not a mast in stock and wouldn't be hard for them to order the bit longer masts.

If 137 is in better condition than 225 then it's probably only spent 20 nights of it's life out of the shed, 225 the last one built out of the molds is a one off, the only one canted without wedges. HooD the other F18 builders still fully support their older boats.

[This message has been edited by madboutcats (edited 08 January 2010).]

Dear Madabout cats,

AUS 118 has a spare used 5.7 mast if you cannot find another. I just replaced mine with a spare newie I bought from Greg a few years ago (just in case they stopped making them), to go with the new main.

So my now old spare mast has original stock holes in it, for intenal jib halyard and down haul system. I don't really wish to sell it but will help a fellow 5.7 if you really get stuck. Oh and is is in Rockhampton, but that is only an express post pack away I guess.

Regardless I hope you can find a new one as they are exactly the same section as the Capricorn, only longer as you know.

Regard,

Carl

I have sent Macca a PM.

Will see if he still has the mast when he replies.

Have you spoken to Greg from AHPC?

He will be the only one who could help you. Staff will just give you options.

Jeff, Told you you guys should of got F18's smile.gif

[This message has been edited by dannyj (edited 09 January 2010).]

Originally posted by HooD:

I don't think it is unreasonable for AHPC to stop supporting the 5.7, they didn't build very many and stopped production 10? years ago... how long do they have to go?

Colin's boat is very pretty btw, but the self tacking jib works much better when it is attached to the jib car!!! smile.gif

Yea thanks for that smile.gif

you should know jeff that 137 has spent more time out of the shed than in! and so has 225, yes it was the last boat out of the moulds and was always a light fast boat,not sure about the oly one without wedges though, (the forward deck mould was changed to look better though) origionaly put together by russell denholm as an AHP demo boat, as was 137 prior to that.

137 has had a major facelift in the past 2 years and is hardly recognisable to anyone who knew the boat befor (including me) and is now the fastest and sexyest 5.7 on the water....feel free to prove me wrong anyone. smile.gif

I owe AHPC a big apology for going nuts they have a pile of the masts coming, they're happy to supply bits for the 5.7

Carl thanks for the offer of the mast Danny found an older 5.7 with a good mast so I bought the boat. We'll use that mast to get Fergs on the water then when his new one comes we have an A class sailor taking on the old 5.7 so we'll have 3 running around every week.

"137 has had a major facelift in the past 2 years and is hardly recognisable to anyone who knew the boat befor (including me) and is now the fastest and sexiest 5.7 on the water....feel free to prove me wrong anyone."

Yours would definately be better 225 had its multi thousand facelift 3 years ago but Fergs must be the better sailor because he's not looking to change to a boozer cruiser biggrin.gif

Probably don't need to make people think you can ever get a Taipan for that price again, it helped that I happened to have a spare 5.7 trailer and beachrollers sitting here. Didn't look too good with broken transom and gaffa tape covering the dings in the bows. I've already got it glassed up and two coats of undercoat on, topcoats tomorrow, Fergs will be on it Saturday. Thanks for your help Danny theres now 5 Taipans here in the Southeast of SA and they'll all be sailing at our Earthmovers race in April. We just need to scrounge a snuffer so we can have 3 spin 5.7's, I've got a spare spin and pole already.

Archived