Tuning tips for 5.7

G'day I want to play with you big boys at your states etc but first I need to be able to get the boat going. I'm ordering a new tramp this week so I want to start by setting that up right.

My big irritattion is that whan the mast rotation is set where I consider correct up wind the spreaders wear against the jib. Is this normal? Should I be mounting the jib leads further out towards the hulls? Should the jib leads be further back to leave the jib fuller when the leads are tight? Am I not rotating enough?

regards Jeff

hi Geff

sorry i missed talking to you on the weekend, and with the weather setting in like it did i didnt get a chance to have a good look at your set up.

not uncommon for the jib to sit this way, there is usualy a wear strip on the jib for it. you can try moving your sheets out a little, this sometimes will help you point higher by opening the slot. in the heavy winds it wont matter how hard you pull the jib in it will always open up, but in lighter winds dont over sheet i set the jib about 25mm off the spreader arm.(well i use to)

if youre running the kite all the time i cannot recomend enough to go with the self tacking jib system, if you go to the tips and tricks section on the taipan website you'll see how i set mine up.

shoot me an email if you have any more questions. I'm only to happy to offer my useles opinion.

Archived