stereo types

Guest j.c

Originally posted by Emmessee:

Well I didn't think that people had to change their nick names in here.

I have been Emmessee from the outset and that is my initials (MSC).

Most people on here know who I am and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I still speak my mind.

I also think that if you want to make a worthwhile contribution, register.

You don't have to tell us your name, use a nickname, but please don't change them, as this is a little community in here trying to do the best for catamaran sailing.

Mate I wasn't saying everyone should use their real name, although that would be nice, no the point I was trying to make was that unregistered posters don't even use their real name which means they are completely anonymous and can say what ever they like with impunity and I don't think that's really very good.

Bern

Wow, it seems i have missed the major part of this debate. It is good to see a wide range of sailors from all classes argue this point. people sail hobies, nacras etc then change just like i had a toyota now a mitsubishi and may have a toyota again. The issue about the anomosity between classes has slowly disappeared over the last ten years. This is great, but it will always be there at a small level and this is healthy, as it shows the spirit in each class. As some of you may know i am very committed to my class but must give a well known hobie sailor credit for the work he has done to "break down the walls", let me just quote: "as long as the pie is growing, everybody's piece will also grow" or the way it came across on the night:"i just want my pie"!

Despite all this i do think JC should be on a fishing boat before he casts such a piece of bait.

I have never really taken much notice of how people conduct themselves from one class to another. But this topic reminds me of a disappointing incident a few years ago at a Sail Melbourne regatta.

I was in town and dropped into the club. The race had finished and all cats had been pulled up onto the grass and most sails were down.

An announcement came over the PA asking for the sailors to help load up the rescue boats. I was doing something else, but about 10 minutes later I looked down to the beach and saw the poor tired rescue boat crews struggling to load the rescue boats on the cradles in the waves.

You guessed it...not a sailor in sight!

I don't no about arrogance, but the sailors of this class all seemed to have total deafness.

By the way, I do not sail this class.

Archived