Sydney Harbour Cat Sailing

Emmessee

I reckon these blokes are wankers!

Sailings Sailing!

anyone willing to pay a membership should be more then welcome to sail out of any club no matter if they have 1,2 or 3 hulls!

I see a 18 foot skiff running foils, Balmoral better not let him sail there with his extra "hulls"! (or it's too radical to sail there)

Sounds like a load of crap to me, it's these "old timers" that have destroyed sailing as a sport and won't let anything new come in or anything old out!

It's the same problem all around Australia, someone young try's to stand up and do something and only to be shot down by the older generation that will not allow a change!

A little harsh mate, but it is kinda true.

But what you have to realise is that some of the old clubs have a constitution that has to be followed, and the power is not there just to change something at the drop of a hat.

Times are changing and they realise it, but it is a club made up of specific classes and it has always been that way.

Mosman used to have sailing clubs all over the joint, and they all worked together so classes didn't over-lap. Most of them are no longer active.

But.... The old constitutions stand. They are listening and the commodore seems keen, but bad mouthing them will not get us anywhere at all.

Archived