Draining Lake Mokoan

berny

I've just seen a Ch.9 docco on draining Lake Mokoan. That'd be a tragedy for sailing there. I was also disappointed not see any sailboats on the lake during to special. A missed opportunity to promote the sport and cat sailing particularly frown.gif

Bern

The lakes not drained - Yet!!!

Thanks for your support and hope it continues and through this forum gain support from other cat sailors.

Were obviously fighting, with rallies and protests, including blockades of the Hume Hwy, to keep it open in some form, preferably as it is.

The lake is seen by the bureaucrats /pollies as inefficient and the want to pull the plug as part of the Living Murray scheme and as usual they have used limited data to bias their report to meet their own agenda.

The Yacht Club members were there for the TV program, in the rescue boats on the water and in the crowd in person, but didn’t have time to get their cats and boats out on the water for the live cross.

The Mokoan Yacht Club is a great little club with about 30 members, and usually have about 10 on the water on most club days, that’s about 30% of the members active on the water, a figure most clubs would be envious to achieve!!!

The lake boasts as having the best inland lake sailing in SE Aus, next only to being on the coast, and has great inland sailing with generally consistent breezes.

14’ cats are the popular choice with a couple of trailable cats [Windy 600’s] as well as some monos and TS.

Yes, sorry, I was in a hurry to get out and just tossed that post in there to see what the reaction was from the locals. No it hasn't been drained, they were just talking about how the governments were bent on draining it for the reasons I.S. mentions above. I'm not sure I see how draining the lake will influence the flow of the River except that it will stop businesses from using the water there.

Bern

Archived