Arafura Cadet For Sale

This is a fast little boat $1200. new jib near new main.

The Arafura Cadet is the smallest catamaran sailed competitively in Australia. Despite its diminutive size, it is fast and exciting to sail and easily outpaces monohulls of similar size. With a mainsail, jib and an optional trapeze, it offers plenty of challenges and is the ideal step-up class for young sailors graduating from training classes, or a first boat for older novices. It is sailed competitively by teenagers and lighter adults. As a fully rigged Arafura Cadet weighs less than 50 kg, it is easy to move around and is easily roof-topped. Its compact 3.35 x 1.54m dimensions mean that it is also easy to store.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Originally posted by madboutcats:

G'day Darryl I'll let one of mine go to a good home. The one called "Taipan" $350 needs some paint touchup.

I am interested in an Arafura for my grand children, What is the condition of the one you have, and how could I get to see it. Is it with or without its own trailer (not that that is too important as they can be "piggy backed" quite well and even "roof topped"

Darryl

Heres a link to a Beachcats album where I've posted some pics of both our Arafura Cadets the one for sale is called Taipan.

No trailer with it, needs paint on the rudders and a couple of bingles on the bows are resined not painted acouple of bubbles in the paint on the decks as well. Can sail it tomorrow but would be nice to paint the repairs.

http://beachcatsaustralia.ning.com/photo/1757579-1?context=album&albumId=5221712%3AAlbum%3A4794

Archived