Where and when did you start M/catting?

berny

During many career moves I bought a very old Mari (No 186?)in Newcastle in 1982 and sailed mostly last with the Newcastle cat club. It was the slowest cat even after raking the main etc, so it was probably me at fault. I sailed at Lake Keepit and then sold her before moving to Townsville and buying a newer mari. I sailed with townsville sailing club but got sick of being harried by the crash boats to hurry up so they could remove the finish buoys, being the only 4.3 on the same course as A class, QB2's and tornados. I was consistently last until the wind lightened off. Then the mari used to ghost past and the bigger cats knew they had a race on their hands. I finally sold the Mari, bought a cheap, well painted but rot filled QB2 and then moved to the sunshine coast. A finally restored Qb was sailed on lake cootharaba. I really missed the mari as the Qbs two pack paint used to crack and peel in a month, so I ultimately resorted to housepaint. What's left of the QB2 is rotting in the backyard and I'm on the lookout for a cheap mari just to get out on the water again.

cheers

Archived