im a loser

Guest hoody

Guest hoody

Hi guys i just thought i would tell you the truth that i am a nacra sailer as shown in the picture i posted before. I really do want to be a maricat sailer but i am just not good enough due to i am a loser.

love the sexy hoody

And so bevis and butthead legend continues...

Goto love how easily you get wrapped up and twisted around lead on a fishing line...

Hood my suggestion is keep on reeling em in!!

Geez without people like you there wouldn't be shows like funniest home video's.

Life would be boring without the boys who never grow up:P

im sorry hood i was not actually aware that u are proud to be a nacra sailer and my mummy and daddy would not purchase a nacra due to they have brains. i feel sorry for u due to everybody knows u are a nacra sailer and there for they will look down on u for it.Or and how come u didnt come to long jetty bit of a scardy cat are u....the real men were there.

Dear waka ... why wasn't you at lyc everyweek when hood was sailing where the real men sail?? freezing cold conditions rain hail or sometimes shine...

Nothing wrong with owning a nacra, in reality your trying to compare a monaro (nacra)vs a gogo mobil....(maricat) both good in there own right but hood just happens to enjoy sailing both.

i know anyone who enjoys sailing any cat deserve's the respect of other fellow cat sailors even though you bring it down to childish remarks... plz oh plz let your mummy find child lock on your computer:P

Hey cj if you are so into nacras u and hood can go on the nacra forum and do what you like. As far as I'm concerned a nacra is like a new monaro meaning its a no good piece of crap whereas the maricat is like an xy falcon that has although not quite as fast is still a better boat than any new nacra could ever be.

Lachy Pudney

My belly is hurting from the laughter... so because hood has a nacra he isn't welcome to sail a maricat?

I mean seriously i wouldn't spend money to go to a nats to sail against narrow minded people like yourself's.

Maybe this is the ploy to bag anyone who isn't in the wise ass smart ass cracks group so even the poorest of sailors can win a maricat nat:P

Anyhow maybe you guys should read through the nacra forum and pick 1 thread that people ain't trying to promote the sport and help peoples needs on getting the best performance out of a boat.

From past post's from a select few i see the maricat forum being damn right offensive and demoting from sailing in this class.

If this is indicative of maricat sailors then you can keep the class pfft.

hey cj

I would just like to ask you to get off your high horse abgout this issue and stop acting as if nacra sailors are better than maricat sailors just because some of the maricat sailors have a joke on this forum. Also I think you are taking away from the achievements of the guys in the maricat fleet by saying that the poorest sailors can win the nationals. As a maricat sailor I am not saying anyone isn't welcome to sail maricats as I believe the more the merrier and anyone willing to sail a maricat especially at states and nationals is welcome.

P.S: Hope to see you at nationals as the competition is getting stronger and stronger and it can be a chance for some new guys to come on the seen and give the guys who have been there a while a good shake up.

Lachy Pudney

hey there cj i would just like to say that i was at the lcy every week but i was just so far s head u didnt see me due to u were at the back of the fleet. what happened to hood couldnt he speak for himself did a cat get his tongue and by the way i am going to keep making childish due to i am still a child and my mummy and daddy have better things to do than play with computers they have a life.

love the wonderfull wacka.

Originally posted by Emmessee:

And people ask me why I sold my Maricat and got an a-class

Yer well it happens doesn't it.

Lachy if you haven't taken on board what your mates are saying then maybe you should re-read there comments...

Bagging out hood because he sails a nacra aswell as a maricat is not jokes but a damn right joke in itself.

If you mean stronger and stronger by the rude remarks and smart ass comments then you guys are well infront and maybe should be looking for a nationals at bagging prospective maricat sailors:P

Well on the otherhand if maricats get's all the rat bags then other classes nat's /states will be fine to go along to.

I know you guys have changed my mind on buying a maricat, keep up the good work.

cj, hood and emmesee if you guys see this as offensive comments you are crazy. we are a pack of younge boys having some fun. when it comes down to it all that should matter is what happens on the water and not on a web site. so if you wanted a maricat then buy one because obviously you were interested. and come and show us younge fellas wat your made of on the water and not on the internet.

I had a Maricat and raced it and I will not start an arguement here, but I have been in nicer classes.

The bloody State and National champ offers none of the young blokes any real help and makes sure he keeps all the secrets to himself so he can keep winning. That is the only class I know of that does that. You look at Glenn Ashby who spends hours before and after races helping people, sailors that don't even ask. He just does it for the class.

Maricat's have one great guy from Canberra (he knows who he is) that helps. The rest have a code. Right down to the wives and partners not bringing them a beer after the race.

They will keep turning sailor away if they keep this head in the sand mentaility.

Stupid.

There. I've said it.

Cannot speak for all of the clubs but I know at Mannering Park a significant effort is put in to promoting sailing, particularly in the 14ft classes (mostly maricat and windrush but all welcome) The Nacra 5.8 class is also growing there at the moment with 5 registered at the club. There are over 20 14ft catamarans regulary competing at Mannering Park.

Many of the sailors at Mannering Park are new to the sport and are assisted by the more experienced sailors, particulary Darcy who puts is a big effort to help everyone.

In the off season the catamaran fleet is still racing or practicing each weekend.

Not sure if previous comments are aimed at myself as the current National Champion who does not want to help anyone or perhaps Lachy who was State Champ last year. I am very happy to assist anyone and regulary answer questions even on this forum. I have found the same from Wayne who has been the National Champ for a number of years, he is very happy to assist the other sailors including myself with techniques and tuning that help to improve the sailing experience.

The lads at Tanilba are just having some fun, and if that encourages the younger guys to compete, then I for one am all for it. If you meet the guys I think you will find that they are nice enough and just enjoy a joke.

Would encourage anyone to come and have a sail with the Maricat fleet and check out our new web site at www.maricat.net !

cheers,

All I was trying to say was that I turned up as a new Maricat sailor at a state title a while back and it was very hard to get any help about how to make the boat go faster. There was no wind and as soon as there was over 12 knots I went well, and was told that I will just work it out. I never sailed the boat again.

When I had a Nacra, I would get help from everyone going out on the boat with me after races and then I eventually did the same for other new commers. I actually felt good when one of them eventually beat me, as they had improved with everyones help. I just found that the Mari guys were a little on the other side by keeping it all to themselves, even to the point of changing all the settings on the way back to the beach.

In the last A-Class nationals, both Glenn Ashby and Scott Anderson helped me between races as I had never sailed the boat before. They want you to be challenging them for the lead.

No more from me on it. I was not having a go at clubs or anything like that as the clubs have been the main reason for the resurgence in catamaran sailing in NSW.

I just wish we could get a big enough group together to hit up Balmoral Sailing Club to head of from there on a weekend.

dear emmesee

i believe that you are wronge. at the state titles i snapped my mast and as soon as i hit the beach i was given a mast to borrow by wayne barry without even having to ask. the next race a broke my boom and was given another straight away also by wayne. i believe that the maricat sailors are a great bunch of fellas and would do anything to have you on the water

Emmesseee, I am sorry to hear that your experience with Maricats in the past was not as good as it could have been. My belief now is that things have changed. I am only recently back in Maricats (last 3 years) after an extended break. Since coming back I have found people to be very helpful in getting me up to speed with new tuning etc.

This is the same for Humungus who is recently back after an extended break. Humungus was a previous National champ and was able to quickly find out what we are doing now with Sails etc. from the guys. He is definately on pace now.

Hope you might give the class another try some time, actually I have also had assistance from Glenn Ashby for the maricat (even though he does not sail one).. he is a great guy and seems willing to help all in sailing.

Archived