Nats 2006/2007

Humungus

Just got of the phone to Brisy Cat centre and Rossco said that he would sponsor and help organise the nats at the RQ (Manly Harbour QLD). He said that there is a lot of Mari 4.3s up there and said he could convince some top sailors to race in the fleet.

I am all for it.

What about some feed back.

He wants an answer ASAP.

If no, then where but lets get on top of it now.

What was the responce at Mannering Park?

I think the idea of moving the nationals around is a great one. if we start to get more guys interested and get the fleets going in other states it can only do good things for the class. I think the decision has to be made quickly so as we can get as many people interested as possible.

lachy pudney

[This message has been edited by lachy pudney (edited 10 January 2006).]

Originally posted by Inland_Sailor:

Yes MOVE it around. I'm old enough to remember when the Nationals were sailed down in my patch at Yarrawonga. I'd like to see that!!!!

Now that was an awesome series, bl00dy fantastic place to race and camp. Great club 2.

Good to see feed back.We need more. Peter and I will be starting a Maricat newsletter this week. Any comments on what to put in it?

Let us know in a new topic called Newsletter. It will have things like a deal on a new mari. nats info, new mods to go faster. What else would you like to see. Maybe a seceret survey for somthing. We will get comments on a motion to make a minimun skipper weight for the foam sandwich hulls Probably 90kg. What do you think? Interviews with the feamale sailors (maybe) Photos? Let us know.

The first thing we will do is get it spell checked.

The survey carried out at the Maricat Nationals shows that the majority of people want the Nationals for 2006/2007 to be held on the Central Coast, this was followed by North Coast and 3rd choice was Queensland.

I voted to have it in Queensland and would like to see the event moved around but I guess we should go with the majority unless there is likely to be a significant interest from the Queensland boats ?

Long Jetty and Toukley Sailing clubs are not available for the 2006/2007 Nationals.

Originally posted by ZAX:

The survey carried out at the Maricat Nationals shows that the majority of people want the Nationals for 2006/2007 to be held on the Central Coast, this was followed by North Coast and 3rd choice was Queensland.

I voted to have it in Queensland and would like to see the event moved around but I guess we should go with the majority unless there is likely to be a significant interest from the Queensland boats ?

Long Jetty and Toukley Sailing clubs are not available for the 2006/2007 Nationals.

What about Gosford SC? Great exposure.

Archived