back into it

ako

Hi everyone, i just got back into cats with the purchase of a maricat after a lot of years high and dry!. I got two maricats , a blue topped 4.3 thats ready to sail and another 4.3 i'm rebuilding. Can anyone tell me if maricat made a cat with a red port hull and a green starboard hull, or is it as i suspect and has been built from two cats. Hopefully this sunday will be a perfect day for sailing so i will be at Wangi with my son for a hopefully uneventfull afternoons sailing. smile.gif

I'm sure there is at least one Movie Star from Coffs Harbour that would be very pleased with the colour choices. He would probably tell you that the colours have nothing to do with Port and Starboard but has more to do with supporting the Bunnies.

Good luck

We know of one Tanilba sailor who might like the Port/Starboard colour scheme!! Do we assume you are sailing Sloop with a crew ? What sail number is the blue deck boat ? Why not dive in and come to the States at Toukley at Easter..6 races in three days. Lots of help and advise for new sailors and returning sailors. We need to rebuild the Sloop division to its rightful place as the Premier Division.

Thanks guy's but the hull colour's got nothing to do with footy teams or directional difficulties lol . the deck colours are badly weathered and they have been painted over white with a very old paintbrush!. Iv'e been slowly sanding the old paint off and i will most likely spray them white with good quality marine enamel which will look good under the yellow and green sail( no number on sail) . The blue boat has sail number 568 and still has Kurnell Catamaran Club initials on the side of the hull. Sorry but no intention of racing them at the moment but im sure once i get into it again i will get inspired . This easter is out for me anyway (visiting the inlaws at Bathurst). I want to join a club around Lake Maquarie. which one?

Mannering Park Sailing Club would be your best bet on Lake Macquarie as it has a large 14 foot Catamaran fleet of mostly maricats. Wangi Sailing Club is another option with a fleet sailing there.

Hope to see you on the water !

Archived