ACT Catamaran Championships 27/28 October

Helter Skelter

Hi Darcy,

Unfortunately we are not allowed to erect tents. However, people can bring sleeping bags and sleep in the clubhouse. If people would like to use the clubhouse on the Friday night the 26th this would also be fine. Please give me a call on 0434 603 326 for more information or if anyone would like to use the clubhouse and I will make the necessary arrangements

Cheers,

Nick

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

The notice of race and sailing instructions for the ACT Catamaran Championship are now available. If you would like a copy please send me an email at n.ward@maricat.com.au or leave a posting with your email address in this topic

Cheers,

Nick

[This message has been edited by Helter Skelter (edited 17 September 2007).]

• 1 month later...

Five Maricats, 3 Hobie 14s and a bunch of Paper Tigers sailed in the Small Cat division. The PTs had their own class which was won by Gary Williams from Wagga.

There was a good breeze on Saturday allowing 3 good races. Sunday started with nothing, then a wild northwest change came through at 35 knots then dropped out to nothing. Only 3 boats completed the race on Sunday. Donna won the series with a 1,2,3,DNF. She won the first race beating all the Paper Tigers as well. Shaun was equal second with a Hobie with a win in the last race, while Pointed Reply was 4th with a DNS,1,1,DNF. Nick was busy playing with his new jib and gave it a couple of washes in the last race. Pointed Reply had a swim before the start of Sunday's race and the crew was not keen on 35 knot gusts so we retired. Donna required some "outside assistance" to Keep it Up while leading the last race.

A Hobie 16 did a dramatic cartwheel near the finish line but the tip of the mast was deemed to have crossed the line and was awarded a win in the Big Cat Division.

Thanks to Commodore Pat for an excellent regatta.

Holly Sh#t, Don't tell me you had some breeze. That is amazing. Well done Donna, good to see you are keeping the maricat end up. How did the new jib go Nick. My new boat will arrive in time for Port Kembla Classic. 4 from Tanilba going. I sugest if you want to see how your boat is going, go to the Kembla Classic and be ready to have some serious compertition. Even the old Zara will be keen to see if he is on the pace. We might even have a show from the the ex National Champion. The old Wayne Barry. Don't order a new main untill you check out the latest new Maricat at Port Kembla.

Holly Sh#t, Don't tell me you had some breeze. That is amazing. Well done Donna, good to see you are keeping the maricat end up. How did the new jib go Nick. My new boat will arrive in time for Port Kembla Classic. 4 from Tanilba going. I sugest if you want to see how your boat is going, go to the Kembla Classic and be ready to have some serious compertition. Even the old Zara will be keen to see if he is on the pace. We might even have a show from the the ex National Champion. The old Wayne Barry. Don't order a new main untill you check out the latest new Maricat at Port Kembla.

Archived