ACT Multihulls 24th/25th Oct - The challenge awaits

Helter Skelter

All,

Well I have just read the latest Maricat Newsletter, Donna yourself along with all the other contributors are to be commended for a great read.

I note with interest the Presidents overview of the season’s main regattas and clubs. Specifically and I quote "You can't call yourself a champion until you have mastered Lake Barely Drifting".

Rodney it sounds like a challenge especially given the current National Super Sloop Champion is in residence again and from what I hear a large number of other (so called prominent) Maricat sailors have switched to super sloop in an attempt to take glory.

So with all that said who is going to step up to the challenge next weekend at the ACT Multihull regatta?

Six Maricats sailed at the Regatta, five Super Sloops and one cat rigged. Mark Colecliffe made the trip from WA worthwhile with a 1 point win over Pointed Reply. Donna was a close third. Lake Burley Griffin had light and challenging winds but we managed to get 6 races completed. The Maricat Supersloops were dominate against the other 14ft cats except for a PT which slipped into the results on Saturday. The race committee did a great job and used an interesting figure 8 course which ensured a work on at least one leg. The Apprentice Maricat sailor, Zac, completed all races on his Arafura.

Archived