How far apart should the rollers be?

ashm86

I have them spaced correctly on each beam, but I need to know where on the hulls the rollers should be in contact. From there I will determine where I attach the cross beams to the trailer.

I ordered some plastic wheels to make my own beach wheels, since I wil be sailing this thing by myself most of the time.

Andrew

Don't let the PT hulls be supported only by rollers. As mentioned in a previous post, this will likely result in hull damage, as it will be point contact between the roller and the bottom chine of the hull. Most people use a frame that is slightly longer than the space between the beams, with a horizontal piece running along each side, just inside the hulls (well padded). These are then supported by verticals at each end. A roller can then be placed on the rear vertical (mounted off the side of it), but placed at a height so that it is just below the hull. Then, when the bow is lifted, it will make contact with the roller and should lift above touching the beam, and can then be rolled off.

Simple???

Dave.

Archived