Flower and Adams Sails

Fluid_Drive

well' date=' since then sail technology has changes a tad, from how they sew batten pockets to how they cut the sails.[/quote']

Flower and Adams became Adams sails who are still in production on Lake Macquarie.

Their main business is "shade cloth" products but Jeff Adams still makes a mean sail for off the beach cats to big Keelers. All the sails used for the Alha Omega F14 are from Adams sails.

Generaly the F&A sails that I have seen where very flat, which is typical of the sails at the time, in Mosquito's the major performance boost has been in sail design. The current sails are far more powerfull. The first Mossie I bought 11 years ago had F&A sails, then I bought a second hand set of the current best sails of the time and it was like putting a Turbo Charger on the boat, down wind improved most of all. Performance around the course improved by around 20%, I went from struggling to win on Yardstick to winning regularly.

So if it's performance you are looking for, newer well known cat sailmakers sails would probably be faster, but the F&A sails where well made out of good materials, I think my old set of F&A are still used recreationally.

Back in their day there was nothing better than a set of Flower and Adams sails on your boat, it was almost a status symbol or a kind of boast to say you had F&A sails. I recall Kevin staying back late at the factory one night as I drove from the south coast to pick up a mainsail for my Stingray. I still have a brand new never been in the water F&A trap harness.

Archived