Maricat 14 wanted in Victoria please

gippygirl

Keep your options open as there will be catamarans for you to try at the price point but not only Maricats and H14's.

My personal opinion would be to stay clear of a H14 as they are a little tricky. I would head for a Maricat or a Windrush, Paper Tiger (not quite so much) or any major production type cat. There are heaps out there.

Maricat would be my #1 choice though.

I know of MANY maricats in VIC... unfortunately they are in a state of disrepair! I did rig up one windrush that stood out from the pack about 5 years ago and it went well! They are owned by a company called Auscamp - a google search will give you the phone number! there would be no harm in asking if any of them are available as I know that they havn't been used for 5+ years

email me at mitchell_baylissAThotmail.com if you want some more info.

You will probably find quite a few sitting lonely in just about every sailing club boat shed.

Again it may be a matter of finding one, finding the owner and making an offer.

Unless the hulls have been damaged it does not matter about the age. Rudder mechanisms can be easily and cheaply fixed. Unless torn, an old sail will do to start with, but rigging should be replaced if it has been sitting for a while..........and the dolphin striker wire. Tramps can be restitched or replaced at reasonable cost.

Where is Victoria are you ??

Archived