Archipelago raid

macca

Hey all, check out BBC world (foxtel for those of you who have it) this Sunday for the broadcast of the Rais for 2007.

Team Musto/Nacra Australia will feature pretty well in the show so mark it in your diaries. I think its showing at 7.30am, 2.30pm and 7.30pm so no excuses for missing it!!!

http://www.thmartinez.com/en/img.php?FolioID=67&ID=6156

you will see some amazing sailing and really cool shots from a helicopter driven by a mad swedish pilot...

Macca

[This message has been edited by macca (edited 31 August 2007).]

Hi Macca,

Just finished watching the show, I didn't like all the paddling, one meal a day and sailing 18 hours a day, you guys must of been absolutly stuffed.

It is well worth watching with some excellent footage of the cats in action in some heavy breeze and awesome location shots.

Macca was that you having a nap while trapezing???

I will watch it again tonight.

Steve.

you may as well watch it with the sound off, it would have been good if the narrater had known any thing about the boats we where watching. it would have been a really good show if they focused more on what was happening on the water instead of showing us footage of houses and land scape. not sure how we would go on an event like that, didn't seam to be much time for drinking the dozen beers that my crew requries to be able to function the next day on the boat. well worth a look though.

I wil get the DVD this week, I will be in the UK so will go see the production company and get a handful.

I should be back in Aus in October, jst did the Belgian F18 nats this weekend, ended 6th which ws not too bad considering I was vomiting al day today.... big night in Oostende on Saturday smile.gif great party town.

Macca

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught a look at the Archipelago Raid this morning on Fox.

I dont think it is the same footage that was on earlier.

Looks like a beautiful place to sail, but a very taxing regatta to compete in.

5 days, long hours on the water, lots of preparation each day, including navigation, and all on only a few hours of sleep a day.

Amazing. TJ

[This message has been edited by tonyj (edited 27 September 2007).]

[This message has been edited by tonyj (edited 27 September 2007).]

Believe me it's a beautiful place to sail in the summer, in the winter you can walk between the islands because it's all frozen. Spent the first 30 years of my life there, these days I have to “settle” for the tropical waters and beaches around Townsville and Magnetic island…

Sailing and boating in general in the Archipelago is much more about navigation than here in Australia, you get that with 30,000+ Islands and shallows and rocks everywhere…

It would be very rare to have days with no wind in the summer… didn’t like the paddling.

Cheers

Chris

Archived