33rd Nationals

John Wright

Invitation to NACRA sailors,

The 33rd NACRA Catamaran National Championship is being held in Adelaide, at Largs Bay on Gulf St. Vincent . Largs Bay is the most northerly of Adelaide’s beachside suburbs and the Largs Bay Sailing Club offers great facilities from which to host this event.

Largs Bay has an experienced race management team with extensive experience hosting National and other championship regattas. Your association is confident that the club will ensure that sailors are well catered for throughout the series, both on and off the water.

Their large clubhouse includes a bar and modern catering facilities and there are ample rigging areas on a lawn area in front of the club and on the broad sandy beach plus there is ample parking adjacent to the club. The club has excellent spectator viewing from a wide balcony on the second level of the club.

The club encourages family groups with plenty of recreation space including a TV projection screen, computer games console, two squash courts, a snooker table and a childrens playground in the neighbouring park. There is plenty to do in the local area with the Semaphore Foreshore amusement park, restaurants and other tourist attractions. Largs Bay is just a 30 minute train ride to the Adelaide city attraction.

The event will include plenty of Social activities for competing sailors and their partners and families.

Please view the Notice of Race and the accommodation guide on the club website at www.largsbay.yachting.org.au/ under the ”Regattas” menu item to help you plan your visit.

We look forward to seeing you in Adelaide

Best regards

John Wright

Secretary, SA District

• 1 month later...

New Years Eve 33rd Nationals

The Largs Bay Sailing Club will be hosting a NYE party, 7:30pm till late, with a Band and full bar facilities. Admission is $20 per head (children under 15yrs free). Entry fee includes your first drink from the bar. BYO nibbles.

Tickets can be purchased through the SA Division.

• 3 months later...

NOR update

We have revised the sailing program, reducing the number of races (by 3) to provide extra time for the social side of the event. We hope this will appeal to those who may considering the trip. There will now be more time for Social activities, so whether you want take a tour, do a little shopping or just relax nearby.

Thank you to those who have already taken advantage of the early entry/raffle offer. Dont forget early entry closes this week.

You can view the changes to the NOR and download an entry for from the Largs Bay Sailing Club web site.

Just look under "Regattas"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 3 crew that want to have a go at the nationals with me on the 5.8,

my main crew will be a mate from Adelaide that doesn't understand sailing and loves to hang on, he sails about 3 times a year with me mainly for the drinking

my wife is my normal crew she'd like a race or two

my 16yo daughter would like a race or two

They're all a similar weight, Is this okay or will it create a drama?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived