Cat sailors with trailer sailors.

Dr Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Inland_Sailor,

I too have a Windrush 600 and also like the fact that it covers both concepts. We have two W600's racing at Wangi in NSW. You should come up next november for the trailerable mulithull nationals. It is a great week. I would love to hear more about the Marlay race experience. I have toyed with entering a couple of times.

Maricat/TS 16

I have raced cats for quite a few years before travelling and selling up. I then started sailing on yachts and trailerbles and raced a season on a Elliot 7.7. At the club there was also a Hartley TS16 that would sail in the regattas and i fell in love with them. Crewed in the NSW states on Plan B in 2008 (i think) and these little boats are rippers. I now own a TS16 which has undergone a two year rebuild and have just picked up a cheap Mari. My wife never trusted me on the cats (witnessed way to many pitchpoles) but is ok on the TS16. They are a great family boat and still have a good turn of speed (planning ability in 15knots breeze). The Mari will now give me back those thrills of blasting along a shy reach in 20 knots.

Hey Cosmo, Have to agree, the Hartley TS 16 is by far the best all round TS under 24' can be towed by 1.5 litre car, easy rigged, launched, sailed and retrieved by 1 person and will plane on fresh water, If there was 1 or 2 sailing at Mannering Park I would not hesitate to buy another. I currently sail Mari/Status 580/Taipan (occasionally)

I'm cat-camping in Moreton Bay and enjoy it a lot. An old 16' calypso cat fits about 100L of gear - awkwardly. Sleeping on the tramp is comfy (with a thin thermo-rest). I use an old tent's inner as it's cool and mozzie-proof. All hiking equipment, such as stove, etc is suitable. This photo is cooking dinner on a sunset near Amity Point (near Brisbane).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421[/ATTACH]

Brett

post-23678-13778265474303_thumb.jpg

Archived