Righting lines and how to rig

tibea

First time with a message to Catsialor

I have a Alpha Omega 5.5 and when I purchased the righting lines and rigged had been removed from underthe tramp.

Has anyone got a diagram or know where to get a diagram from that shows how it is rigged.

tibea

I have a AO4.4 and am still working on an improved system for mine as I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Check out the maricat foprum for info. Mari's have rope tied under the front beam leading down the hulls to 'O' steel rings shackled under the rear beam. These are tied to shockcord in a 'W' shape to the dolphin strike and back. (I think it was five times the shockcord length to that of the rope, but you may have to experiment)

Using rings instead of swivels or rollers meant friction balancing your weight on the rope. I found the mari system brilliant but you need to replace the shockcord routinely when it starts to look crappy or else it lets go especially when you really need it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further to war birds sugestion,( which is the lightest, cheapest, easiest to fit, and gives the the best mechanical advantage.), tie a stainless ring to the outboard end of the righting rope to clip onto your trap harness, makes things real easy. (lay the rigged boat over on the beach to work out were to tie the ring).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions. I have been interstate for work and have not been able to get to have alook for any replies

Daryl Barrett also helped with some reaslly good drawings of how to rig hopefully I will be able to incorperate some of the ideas listed.

Regards

To all

Archived