Wings for AO4.4

QB2

Hey there... i have been thinking of a way to make my AO a little more user friendly but was unable to find wing set up.

So the thing i thought of was a swing style seat on the end of the trap.

just a thought.

also does your AO have duel bolts on the cross beams or just the single?

i have the dual bolts on each crossbeam.

i thought about making a swing board seat with an adjustable backing plate to control the angle of lean .. i can't go anywhere near horizontal because of the pressure on my spine but expect i will have to do some trials to try to find a workable solution.

On scow Moth 8862 "Costalot", the wings were 50mm aluminum tube going across the boat, with 100 x 50mm oval riveted across the ends. They were bolted to the hulls similar to the way we attach cross-bars to cats.

35202_474107929866_817209866_6551365_1964540_n.jpg

Photo about 1989, Seaforth moth club, Sydney. That would be BEFORE I cartwheeled it in a squall, doing about 25knots. It flipped twice through the air, collapsed the foredeck, snapped off the centreboard, snapped the mast and ripped the sail. Someone lectured me later, "You're not meant to go that fast in little boats!" :rolleyes:

Applying this old tech to your AO; why not similar tubes on each side, bolted to your cross bars, with about 400mm overlap?

Or, why not get a lighter weight boat, with lighter components, that will be less strain on your back transporting and rigging up, has a strong international fleet, and doesn't use a trapeze? Get a Paper Tiger! :cool:

Archived