bundy info?

just-me

The world famous Inner Circle Rum Regatta will be held March 8 & 9 at the Bundaberg Sailing Club. Four races with 2 Saturday afternoon and 2 Sunday morning for those able to rouse themselves.

Half the adventure is just finding the place - just ask jack@catsailor.net! Easiest way is to follow the signs to Bargara where you will find a large roundabout where you then follow the signs to Burnett Heads/Port Bundaberg. A couple of miles up that road take the left sweeping turn to Port Bundaberg (not the Burnett Heads rightish turn)and the Sailing Club is the second road on your left (Strathdee's Road). About 500 metres down Strathdee's Road is the turn into the club, on the right.

Camping is available at the Club (for free).

A great weekend is assurred with plenty of soft drinks!

Cheers

Greg

Its impossible to find..

Even Google maps has the club about 2 km from where it really is.

I have included a link below to the location

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bundaberg+Sailing+Club&ie=UTF8&ll=-24.793747,152.384148&spn=0.078854,0.159645&z=13

Its next to the road that crosses the river (barge).

I hear that its now illegal to marry your own sister in Bundaberg !!.

But great place to camp and the locals are "real friendly and hospitable like".

BTW Greg - Sold the 16sq to Mark Philips in NSW - not enough competition in 16sq wink.gif

Thanks for the info... I will not be able to leave Brissie until Friday afternoon at this stage.. but I will keep the phone number for when I get lost !!!

This is shaping up to be a great regatta...

we have a rum regatta that has soft drinks, sailed at a club that carn't be found !!!

with a rouge elephant as a competitor and a f18 sailor that loves to swim & wants to marry his sister !!!!

seriously tho I have heard that you people put on a great weekend.

PS 16squares RULE

lol surely someone sees the irony in this right? when we have a famous rum manufacturer in the same locality and the regatta is titled after (I'm not asuming sponsored) a foreign rum providore. this has gotta be a pisstake right?

G'day Macca - please find NOR below

BUNDABERG SAILING CLUB

INTERCLUB SERIES

and

INNER CIRCLE RUM REGATTA – 8th and 9th MARCH 2008

Hosted by Bundaberg Sailing Club Inc.

NOTICE OF RACE

The Bundaberg Sailing Club Inc presents the above series at Strathdee’s Road, Port Bundaberg

Saturday 8th March and Sunday 9th March .

RULES

The regatta will be governed by the I.S.A.F. Racing Rules of Sailing the prescriptions and safety regulations of the A.Y.F. and the rules of the various classes except as they are changed by the sailing instructions.

ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY

The regatta is open to all boats including the members of the Tin Can Bay Yacht Club, Maryborough Sailing Club, Hervey Bay Sailing Club, Hervey Bay Yacht Squadron and the Bundaberg Sailing Club.

FEES

$25.00 for both days

$15.00 for one day only

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Saturday 10th March 10.00 Registration

12.00 Pre regatta briefing

13.00 Yachts and trailer sailors – Race 1

13.05 (other fleets) Races 1

Sunday 11th March 10.00 Yachts and trailer sailors – Race 2

10.30 (other fleets) Races 3 and 4 (back to back)

14.30 Presentation of prizes

COURSES

The course shall be as described in the sailing instructions.

SCORING

The low point scoring system Appendix A will apply. Where four (4) races are scheduled three (3)

will be scored. In the event of fewer than four races being completed, all races will score.

PRIZES

Prizes will be awarded for fleets for this regatta and for series overall.

FURTHER INFORMATION

For further information, please contact :

Vice Commodore: Rod Daley

0428 953390 (m) or 41527692(after hours).

A licensed bar and canteen will be available each day and meals will be available at the clubhouse Saturday night. Camping and power is available for competitors and crew.

Actually it ain't a pisstake but there is a certain irony to it all. Three years ago, the sponsorship from Bundaberg Rum evaporated and we were searching for a new naming rights sponsor. At that time Inner Circle Rum was owned by Stuart Gilbert, a five time World champion on the Windsurfer. He came up to Bundy and sailed in the regatta on a 16 Square.

He very generously offerred to sponsor our annual regatta for the next three years to, in his words, return ICR back to its roots - the sailing and yacht clubs of Australia!

So there ya have it - and its not a bad drop either! Have a crack at the black dot premixed cans some time, rocks your socks off.

Cheers

Greg

Archived