Maricat 4.3 For Sale - South Sydney

I run The Boatshed At Woronora (www.theboatshedatworonora.com.au) which is at the west end of Sutherland Shire, Sydney. We mainly do canoe and kayak hire and sales, cafe, B&B, etc, but we also occasionally sell boats on behalf of other people. One day a somewhat unloved Maricat rolls up on an unregistered trailer and the owner says "we're moving to a unit - can you store/sell this for me?"

That's about as much as I know about it. MkI / Mk II ? Don't know. I took the main out the other day and was surprised/pleased that it didn't have the usual signs of neglect, but I didn't unroll it far enough to see the number. There's a jib with a roller-furler but one end of the bridle needs attention, as do other bits and pieces like cleats, sheets, rudder downhauls, etc. The trampoline is brand new, so I guess the owner had visions of selling it but ran out of time and space.

I can send more pictures if anyone is interested. I'd keep it and use it myself if I had time and didn't live on a river where conditions are more suited to rowing, so I'm open to offers.

Cheers - Jon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]366[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]367[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]368[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Has to be someone at the back of the fleet! Bit of work to do to rework the rudders and replace the tired neoprene elbow joints. Hopefully Jimmy Buckland has some gaskets that'll fit the Ronstan hatches. Hopefully get to at least one day of the 14's, not much spare time at the moment with work and trying to finish the house off for council inspection. I did get out the old orange sail (3107) and redid the batten ties, hope to get a couple more seasons out of it.

Archived