QB2 Hulls

blondgolly

I know that in the past there has been some inquiry for some hulls.

Well for those that are interest there are three hulls looking for a new home

otherwise the will probly go to the tip sad. as these boats in their time were brilliant, and one

properly set up would still give a fleet a run for its money.

Anyway any sujestions.

Richard.

• 1 month later...

There is a chance that they are still around. But they are in Victoria. They are in great condition,and would put an old rotting QB2 back to it's former glory.

My son picked a QB3 up recently, now on the water. I took my Wife out in it and it just took us back to the good old days, when we had built and raced the Beesknees.What a joy that boat was. Its always more satisfying when you build the boats yourself. I think the Qb3 is a little over sailed, and not so well ballanced as the QB2's were.

Anyway the hull are all bowancy in the bow and have little bojancy in the stern ,so Idon't think the would be any good for your aplication.

Richard.

• 1 month later...

Hulls wanted

Richard, I'm in the throws of rebuilding a QB2 and those hulls sound just what I need. Do you have some contact details that I may converse with you. A friend has let his qb2 go (understatement) and said that I could have it. I used to sail this boat on Epaloch and loved it and would love to bring it back to a sailable condition.

Help

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...

Richard, thanks for the info, there are two hulls on Ebay for $100 in seaford victoria,

I rang Barry a very experienced cat sailor of some note, he said to ring Peter.

i rang Peter who had the hulls in Ballarat before christmas, however he had a QB2 and three hulls, his wife said the hulls must go.

Peter sold the hulls to a guy in Seaford who now has them on Ebay as he's changed his mind about rebuilding a Qb2.

Hugh

Archived