towing?

Hi all,

this may sound silly but has anyone had experience with towing a small inflatable or somesuch behind a Nacra 5.0 that we could put a small amount of camping gear in so we can explore the islaands on the Gold Coast.

We missed out on camping over easter because we couldn't get our gear over ...a tent, airbed, fishing rods, food and water.

We don't need to go fast, just get there without it turning over

Any ideas?

cheers

bruce

I've towed another cat. Just use LONG rope so there is no chance of it catching up to you. be prepared for the cat to tip over(fly hull)more because its being held back. Secure the rope to the beams or something solid even a small dingy can create allot of drag. Put as much of the heavy stuff on the cat to keep the dingy as light as possable.

And MOST important take heaps of photos and let us know how u go.

Cheers

The guy that used to own my 4.5 devised a temporary trampoline between the front hulls. It went something like this...

Get yourself a length of 200mm PVC with end caps that screw on/off. One end of the tube attaches to the dolphin striker just below the main beam and the other end is tied off to the bridle wire at the forestay. He had fashioned a large square pocket using shadecloth which was supported by the tube and tied off to the hulls. You could then stuff your camping gear into waterproof bags and store in the large paocket. Fishing rods inside the tube.

I've still got the bits and pieces at home but have never tried it.

I sail out of Hollywell and I think we've met before. Perhaps I can lend you the bits and pieces to try out.

Brad

[This message has been edited by CleverNickname (edited 31 March 2008).]

Keep finding spelling mistakes!

I give up!

RDIAENG.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe. ceehiro.

Hi,

thanks for those ideas, i think the extra tramp sounds the go, i can imagine a dinghy or inflatable capsizing easily in some wash when I thnk it through.

Keen to explore some of the islands here, maybe take a crab pot or two as well.

Also keen to a have another go at our aborted race to Brisbane.

I will be in touch, thanks Brad,

Archived