18 Square front beam repair

Rob98

Guy's, as per my 'Parts wanted' ad, I have just picked up a Nacra 18 Square (full width). The front Beam has a crack from one of the Striker mounting holes. Has anyone had any experience in welding or sleaving a Nacra front beam? Failing this, does anyone know whether a beam off another cat (perhaps Tornado??) could be made to fit? I really do want to keep this cat at its full beam and as standard as possible.

Thanks Rob

I though that Alcan had been taken over by Capral. I used to buy all my mast and spar requirements from Alcan, as I recall they had two outlets in Sydney, Lidcombe and Brookvale and since Capral took them over, nothing was ever heard of Alcan. A bit more info if you please Darcy, I'm sure there are lots of people on here that would love to know where they can buy reasonably priced spars.

Harry

All,

Capral Aluiminium in Cardiff (Newcastle) stocks 100mm Aluminium tube (3mm wall thickness) in approximately 6m lengths for $170. These can be cut neatly to size by them. Obviously, with no bolt rope attachment lug in the extrusion the front of the tramp would need to be attached by either riveting or modified to go around the spar. A cheap fix for a cheap cat however.

Thanks for all input.

Archived