What cat is this?

tonyquoll

yep very similar to the Windrush 12, quite likely the work of the same designer.

The one photographed above is about 14'6" long. The streamlined shape behind the rear beam supports is also different.

Capercats don't appear to have that gap between trampoline and hull.

The guy who sold it claims it's an early Windrush; before the Windrush 14 we know.

It looks like a Mcgregor beach cat........

we had 1 at Altona, the guy bought it because he has a Mcwater ballast trailer sailer.

The beach cat has since been sold.....was painfully slow.

sounds like tornado sport knows everything but.............I have seen this boat before, live, in the flesh

here is the boat

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=5899

It looks like a Mcgregor beach cat........

we had 1 at Altona, the guy bought it because he has a Mcwater ballast trailer sailer.

The beach cat has since been sold.....was painfully slow.

sounds like tornado sport knows everything but.............I have seen this boat before, live, in the flesh

here is the boat

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=5899

Update on "The Ugly Cat"

Hey guys..thanks so much for all your efforts ..No-one wins the Cigar..just yet. I finally got around to actually Measure "The Ugly Cat" and the

LOA is 14ft 9 inch. Ventura is a bit longer @ 15.16ft ( why decimals of an imperial..another 'Furlong per Fortnight' thing from the States..lol)

Beams also different :Ugly @ 7 ft 7 inch. Ventura @ 7.92 ft .The Ventura seems to have a Chine extending to the Stern. The guy I got it from is adamant that it is an early Windrush..Don't figure.and I can't seem to find a picture of one .Please keep looking..The winner may get naming rights..although I now like "The Ugly Cat"

there are 2 ventures....the early one is this cat for sure, have a look at the mouldings below the front beam and the shape behind the rear beam......any way, they are super slow, hobby horsing peices of S##T and should be sent back to America full of plastic explosives COD, maybe a little harsh, but that is just my opinion

• 1 month later...

Not McGregors greatest triumph I think. Perhaps one of the apprentices drafted this in his lunch break without the boss knowing.I thought it was a Wild cat at first, not the current Hobie F18 obviously but the 70's cat that wore the same name .

• 9 months later...

What cat is this

it was buried in another uninteresting thread.

Basically the gist of it is that the new bill gives UK government ministers to change laws without referring to parliment. Funnily enough, this bill can be amended using itself so that its powers are extended without reference to parliment.

Probably the worst thing that could happen to democracy in the UK in my opinion.

There was a very good article on the Times a few days ago about this, but I cant find it. It was in the comment section, so if anyone could drag it up again, it makes a good read.

Fears raised on ministers power

Red tape

The laws are designed at cutting red tape

Ministers have denied fears measures intended to cut red tape could give them wide-ranging powers to change laws without needing Parliaments approval.

Cambridge University law experts say the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Bill would give ministers the power to do things such as scrap jury trials.

For the Tories Ken Clarke said it could "sweep away parliamentary procedure and debate on an astonishing scale".

But minister Jim Murphy insisted the bill would have safeguards built in.

He told BBC Radio 4s Today programme he is thinking of giving House of Commons committees a legal veto over any proposals.

Astonishing powers

The bill is intended to allow ministers to axe uncontroversial "red tape" without the time-consuming need for full parliamentary scrutiny.

Mr Clarke, chairman of the Conservatives democracy task force, said legislation was needed to tackle red tape but said there needed to be explicit safeguards, not just verbal promises from ministers.

Law experts at Cambridge University have also voiced concern about the potential impact of the bill.

The Cambridge University academics, headed by Professor John Spencer QC, warned in a letter to The Times newspaper: "If passed, the government could rewrite almost any act and, in some cases, enact new laws that at present only Parliament can make."

In its current form, the planned new law could allow the government to curtail or abolish jury trial, place people under house arrest, rewrite immigration laws or sack judges, they said.

Competitive edge

Mr Murphy told Today that previous legislation to streamline the burden of regulation had not worked.

The government was taking action to ensure the UK remained competitiveness, he said.

"I have given assurances that there are more safeguards on the face of this bill than before, that we will have statutory consultation, we will not do anything that is highly controversial and the relevant select committees of the House of Commons will have a veto on every single proposal," he said.

Mr Murphy said he would look at making the veto plan part of the legislation.

Archived