Manno Regatta

Pointed Reply

Another very good Manno regatta, well done to the committee.

Plenty of wind and a good fleet of Maricats

Brenton was the clear winner on day one but did not sail on Sunday.

Overall Maricat winner over the six races was Darcy closely followed by Phil (Korwich) then James (Knobblyjim) third.

Mrs Reply came out of a 26 year retirement to crew on Pointed Reply. We started slowly but got better as the weekend progressed for 4th.

The stronger the wind blew the faster we went.

The performance of the weekend went to young Lachlan White who sailed very well for 5th Maricat.

The 14ft fleet was lead home by Ian Marco on his PT and Warren on his Windy.

The A Class fleet with Bundock, Brewin, Outridge and Spithill provided the curtain raiser races for the main event.... the 14ft fleet !

And I say thanks to Mick for the loan of Humungous II (while he romped away with the Nacra 16sq State Championship), for the first time many in the fleet saw what her bow looks like due to my rubbish sailing.

Interesting sailing the foamy though, I didn't have to worry about charging into the back of waves on those big reaches, it does go in but just pops out and charges on. Couldn't for the life of me make it go fast upwind (or tack) but that's just me! Brenton was far ahead on the races he did, shame his race recording duties got in the way on Sunday. His Saturday results indicate that he would have been a close second against Warren P.

Course was interesting too, three triangles, a dead run off the wing mark, a left at a second leeward mark then a fast reach over to the finish line which was straight downwind from the start boat. There was a second course (B) which was two triangles which confused a couple of boats (ie Marko and Warren - hard at the front!).

Was interesting to see Mr Bundock flying a hull (on his A class) over the stern of the start boat when he finished!

Archived