F16 mast and sails

Goodall sells the wing mast (apparently he has a few in stock that he wants gone), the sails by any reputable sailmaker, wires you can make yourself or sailmaker, boom at an aluminium supplier, etc

Anything in particular?? What boat you got?

Remo

Blade 005

blade sits up very high on water. very bouyant down low with wave peircing reverse bows. russell is a good boat from what i can tell. The f16 class is getting bigger and bigger every year and the taipans are too outdated to keep up with the newer f16 boats. Good class and popular but depends on you.

I had my doubts about ply, why too much maintenance in ply?? a sand and a lick of paint every few seasons.... Stiff hulls and still light, but cheaper purchase.. For the price of Russell you cant go wrong, plenty of mylar and carbon...

yeh big problem with tipan I usto sail was it wasn't boyent enough .. two reasonable sized blokes 150kg and the beams usto smack into waves up wind in chopy weather... , had ply boats before... they can be ok but glass is virtually maintenance free... I think a new rig on Russel would make it a great boat nice new sails ect, Do you no if the blade is as good as viper? or even the nacra I cant seem to find which is a beter boat

Viper has taken over the F16 fleet and has proven to be higher in the ranks. There are only 40 odd Nacra F16 out there so have not proven themselves yet.

Viper is approx $27,000 all up, not sure about Nacra F16?, but Blade you can pick up for at very most half that price..

Where you located?

Im mackay atm up here for another 12 months then back down south to find a decent fleet... not alot of cats up here

clarkie :my Nacra I17 is up for sale, Im not too far from you. Look in the for sale section and call me if you want..Not a lot of these about but it is in top condition and going cheap as I have just bought an A Class, you will find the I17 is as fast as the F16, its all carbon/kevlar new wing mast, new big head square top main, self tacker jib, 19 Sq Mtr spin chute 1 or 2 up lots of spares trailer is fantastic and in most cases the F16 boys wont mind taking you on as the 2 are very similar.

Nothing wrong with Russell's rig. A repaired carbon A mast that has proven it's self. All dyform rigging.

Hasn't been on the water this year, just waiting for snap him up, tune him up and take him to the nationals. All on a trailer with 12 months rego.

• 1 year later...

mackay cat sailor

clarkie

Im mackay atm up here for another 12 months then back down south to find a decent fleet... not alot of cats up here

Are you still in Mackay? I have a F16 blade and am keen to find some people to race against, am out of Mackay but that is the closest place for us to sail.

cheers, andrew.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived