16sq mast rotation controls advice.

Tripletach

Attached are the pics I was looking for over the weekend, this should make it a bit clearer

These pics are of my boat with the standard mast rotator setup, disregard the extra swivel cleat and larger stand up block as these are for a spinnaker halyard setup. 

In these pics it is rigged as 1:1 with the rope terminating at the spanner, then through the block then the cleat and looping around to become the setup on the other side.

The one titled DSCF3293 is about the angle you would see it at going upwind

The one titled DSCF3295 shows it cleated around for running downwind

DSF3296 and DSCF33007 show the setup looping around to cross back to the other side, I use a small block which is attached to the inner beam strap to run the rope through, thois makes sure that it runs easily and also means you can lock it around from further back on the boat if needed.

The one tilted standard setup 1 is my boat with a dacron sail, this pic was more for the detail of the standard downhaul but you can see the rotation setup as well, the one titled alternative setup 1 is Guy's boat which shows the 5.8 style downhaul that some of the boats used, this pic also shows the mast rotation rigged as 2:1 as detailed in the previous post.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Regards

Corey

DSCF3294.jpg

DSCF3295.jpg

DSCF3296.jpg

DSCF3293.jpg

DSCF3307.jpg

alternative Setup 1.jpg

Standard Setup 1.jpg

If your talking about the angle of the dangle you have to be careful as it changes when you get older, with your recent birthday moving you into the Seniors category you will need to make allowance for the increased angle of the dangle.

The other thing to consider is that if you are wondering when to stop pulling (whether there is rope involved or not) you have probably already gone to far and may be risking personal injury and even long term scaring. 

Archived