Windrush 14 parts needed

G'day I've picked up Windrush 14 Surfcat number 3204 and need some bits to get it up and running. It's missing the flexible connectors between the tiller arms and crossbar ( looks like it was rubber) also missing the jib cleat and support on the left hand side as you look from the front. The main sail had a mouse nest and has holes in it which could be fixed but probably easier to get another second hand main.

Has anyone got some of these parts available?

It doesn't have trap wires do you normally trap off these cats?

We generally sail these cats in three formats, cat rigged (single sail), sloop rigged (main and jib) and super sloop (main, jib and trapeze). If you can find a sailing club nearby that sails cats you're very likely to find one or two "hoarders" and with them a mine of information and parts.

You can bodge the rudder connectors with hosepipe (with rubber in the middle) or with stainless brackets.

When I wandered along to Mannering Park a few years ago there was Darcy with a shed full of bits and a garden full of cats! Haven't looked back!

KO

Thanks for the replies I'm the boat finder and hoarder for our coastline, no one around here sails these boats so no parts within 300km of me. I haven't had a chance to look at the rudders and wires in the rudders will check them out before I make the calls

regards Jeff

Archived