Wallagoot Lake Regatta, March 9-10

tonyquoll

The Wallagoot Lake Boat Club 2013 Regatta will be held Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th March, at Wallagoot Lake.

Open to all classes of off-the-beach dinghies, cats and trailer-sailers. Entries (per boat): $50

Please note: a $7 per day entry fee applies to vehicles, as the Club is within Bournda National Park. Payment envelopes are found in a metal post into which the fees are paid, at the western end of the rigging area.

Event Schedule*:

Briefing: 10:00am Saturday

Race One: 11.00 am Saturday

Race Two: 2.00 pm Saturday

Race Three: Back-to-Back Saturday

Race Four: 11:00 am Sunday

Race Five: 1.00 pm Sunday

Presentation: ASAP after racing Sunday

* May be varied at the discretion of the WLBC

LOTS OF PRIZES, FUN AND SERIOUS RACING!

All classes welcome: monohulls and multihulls, learners and veterans. Hot showers, food and drinks available at the WLBC during the regatta. BBQ available on Saturday evening.

Unfortunately for me, my PT will be on its way to New Zealand for the Internationals, so it's my turn on rescue duty. Hoping for 10-15 cats to enter as in previous couple of years.

For more information see the club’s website at: http://www.thebegavalley.org.au/wlbc.html

IMGP4668-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to Rod on Maricat "Pointed Reply" for winning the regatta. The cat division was the strongest there, and the most spectacular. It included 3 Maricats, 2 Windrush, 2 Hobie 17, 1 Nacra 14square and 1 Taipan.

72382_10151777980619867_680224516_n.jpg

and THAT, boys and girls, is how it's done:

544115_10151777983774867_1921649776_n.jpg

Thanks Tony for sending your PT to New Zealand to "allow" me the 1st place.....

Another good regatta

Good breeze on Saturday..............flat out reaches on flat water.

Lighter on Sunday.

Good to see Grady all the way from Port Macq and his mate Brendon from Canberra.

Just a bit concerned about the new name Grady has given his boat. "Princess"

Archived