Jib replacement

Varmint

Gday to all,been awhile since last post,finally got my old Mari finished and out on the water,thanks again to all for any advice given,especially Darcy who helped me lots.What a ton of fun it is to feel the power of that wind,sometimes scary but always exciting.Unfortunately my old worn out jib tore down the gut last outing which I was expecting as it was on its last legs anyway.So my question is who or where might I get another,second hand or new as I have lots to learn about sailing so speed and perfection are not the issue,would be nice to at least get a season or two out of it.I reside in Adelaide so any contacts down here would be good but if none then what ever I gotta do.All in all the old girl goes well and even single trap rigged it but yet to get a hull out of the water,might be a battle as we carry 170kgs between my lad and I but fun all the same.Intend to polish up and refurbish the hulls this winter and maybe double trap it,actually also looking for a sail box for the trailer,any info much appreciated.Well people will leave it at that,hope to cross your bow some day,Cheers Varmint.

Good to see another cat in Adelaide, where did you take it out?

I've just bought a second hand jib from a seller interstate, postage is quite cheap as they fold up into a small package, so you might as well get that one from Darcy while you can. I didn't hear of any locally for sale after quite a while hunting for one.

I have an old jib I was using on my calypso 16 which i no longer need (bought a new one), which you can have. It's taped up a fair bit but withstood 20 knots at seacliff the other week for 4 hours. Might be a bit big (luff = 4.6m) but could be modified, cut and sewn to use until you get something better, I'm at Glenelg if you're interested (goes for anyone else too). Photo shows Jib

RE sail box on ebay

bidding starts at $350? According to the Calypso parts price guide a new one is only 440...

post-332-13778265854877_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the offer Jeff,sorry did'nt get back to you earlier,very sporadic on the old net.I am in the proces of getting a jib from Darcy,so should be back amongst it soon.I am very much a new sailor so not sure about the racing yet but won't be far away.Looking forward to checking out Milang some time soon.Cheers Chris.

Archived