Calypso Photos and Videos

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the first time i had a crew with some sailing experience (though not much experience on the wire, hence hanging on) so i couldn't resist handing him the reins having some fun on the bows!!! Still waiting on the results, think we might have done a reasonable job on yardstick  :)

It's great that Robbie's happy to put up footage without perfect looking sailors in it, at the clubs he's visiting we're enjoying having enthusiastic young sailors improving so quickly and I have to say well done to that crew in the vid, he introduced Robbie to sailing and as a novice sailor went out and crewed for Robbie in winter, if I'm not mistaken Robbie introduced more than 10 young people to sailing on his cat last season. We would like to see a lot more new comers to sailing at our lakes clubs, Meningie already has learning to sail/fun racing with coaching in the morning and Milang is introducing fun racing/learning to sail with coaching for morning sailing. These Calypso 16's are ideal cats to learn on with a good handicap for less experienced to have a go at racing and I'd like to see a lot more of them. For the record I think Robbie may have beaten me on handicap in the race and I did spill some bundy on that hull so I hope you can smell it when your sailing

Hi I am a newbie to all forums and have just got hold of a Calypso 16. I really need some pics or some info on how the rigging goes.  The main and jib sheets done seem right to me but then I have only sailed monos and that was  along time ago.

Any help or pics are greatly appreciated.The new Calypso people are still trying to sort this stuff out apparently.

You've picked a great boat, have a look at Robbies video's he's got it set up right, if you post some pics of your boat setup the people on this forum can give you helpful advice, to post pics, click on more reply options bottom right corner, click browse, find the photo on your computer, click attach file and jobs done. It's handy if you reduce the photo pics down before you upload

Ah any man that  is a bunny drinker is my man. Although I am  bait wary of people spilling it. I just hope you don't put coke in it mate.I hope to be able to get some pics of what is happening and idiot stuff ups on here for the amusement of all.Thanks for the warm welcome anyway people

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here's a photo of my first rigging attempt. sadly set up in my backyard is as close as I've come to sailing it! I live near Toowoomba in Queensland. I'm hoping to get out on wivenhoe dam this weekend. It was pretty easy to rig - I did it single handed without to much hassle. any tips or advice appreciated. it has come with a single trapeze - I've never used one an not sure how to rig. I'll try to post some photos of our first sailing trip.

post-198192-0-84234200-1415170827_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday we attempted the longest end to end freshwater race in the southern hemisphere, the Goolwa to Meningie. After a painful light upwind stretch for nearly 4 hours the wind shifted behind us to about 20 knots and we flew downwind to catch up with the leading A classes and Taipans. From there the wind was all over the place and more than I was willing to put myself and my crew through. Maybe next year we can finish. I didn't get much footage, but here's a bit

Archived