Stingray Website Launched!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jeff! Unfortunately I jiggered the Photo Gallery the other day and had to take it down... though it will be back soon enough I hope!

There was much conjecture about the Cherry Molds... but yes their whereabouts is known, I am not sure when they were last used though! I believe Craig Conn in Bendigo had some fairly good Molds that ended up in the Tip!

The "Cherry" molds were very light and fast fibreglass, foam core Stingrays. When you see a "Cherry" boat it has lots of sculpting on the deck including a Stingray moulded in. I'm pretty sure that Tod's is a "Cherry" he took me out one day in a blow, afterwards when he found out I was 100kg he said he wouldn't have let me on his decks if he knew.

Mitch are you saying you know where the moulds are? We had 3 people looking for new hulls, we gave up about 2 years ago and went from a Stingray club to all sorts.

regards Jeff

I beleive they are in Northern NSW and a privately owned by a member of the stingray fraternity!

Called "Cherry" because Peter Cherry build them.

I am only a newcomer to the class and I am just going by what I have been told!

I beleive Todd's boat was built 11-12kg underweight... Randall Cooper (SA) was involved in the construction of some VERY light stingrays... I beleive the record was 18kgs under the 88.5kg minimum!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome stingrays!

Good to see you having a website!

Mitch - try having a look on cobracat.com race results for nationals for other stingray boats! Might be able to fill in some gapes in your boat list smile.gif

As for moulds ask the SA guys - Craig Conn did have them but i think they went to NSW...

If all goes to plan I'll be at the Kingston Regatta as well. I have to do that big run down the coast again, it was an awesome spinnaker run for over 20kms on my Cobra. Stick the spinnaker on your Cobra Rob and do it, you won't be disappointed.

I also heard the sailing ship "The one and all" might sail with us this year.

Mitch - cant say if i'm sailing one up or two up :p, Also my boat is up for sale if anyone is interested! (Cobra 2RC)

Steelnerve - What Cobra do you have? as for the kingston thing i will try to go, will help spread the news of it around in VIC of it smile.gif

Archived