RIP 2012-13 season

knobblyoldjimbo

Thanks everyone.

Had the last race of the season today at Toukley. Three Mari's a PT and an Arrow - we did a 'marathon' course around fixed marks. Had some lovelly bullets too.

No more sailing on the Central Coast until September (although there is the Brass Monkey in June at Toukley).

Not sure if anyone else is still sailing but Lake Macquarie is now shut for the season.

Toukley today was 27c and there was a mighty fine breeze - some of the time anyway.

Whether anyone in North America or Canada or the UK would believe that we are shutting down when the temp is in the 20's for the water as well as the air, well I'll see how they feel.

Interesting that apart from the Arrow with North sails, all the others were Redheads.

KO

You'd better come up to Humpybong for a sail.. 28 or so today but very light on for breeze and racing was cancelled which was disappointing as I would have loved to show off my ahem supreme'' drifting skills against the A's, the lone mari and a cobra

My boat preparations and poor river conditions (3 floods on the Clarence river)conditions meant my season was mostly missed and poor wind made the 4 races I made it to no good anyway.

I'm going to try and get plenty of water time in the off season if I can... I'm not competitive really just lament the lack of opportunities to get wet!

• 2 weeks later...

yes budgie is on for two more weeks and so far the weather is great! all T/S/C/ boats will be there! plus a 49er who has sailed at toukley the last two weeks! will be 3 h18`s this week and 5 h18`s the week after! plus some of our 14`s. comon the season is still on! see u then

Archived