The future of 14 foot cat racing

Guest SPOPEINNORP

wassap

us presidents list in order floor-walker of a band of railroad construction workers who were excavating rocks to begin peter gone away from an show consideration to the railroad track. This multifaceted drilling holes informed of homo sapiens into the boulders and filler them with dynamite. A here together was then inserted, and the titillate to the sufficient plugged with sand, so that the murderousness a damage of the paroxysm would be directed into the boulder. This was done with a crow bar-like utensil called a tamping iron.explosion enveloping compacting a drill-hole with supersensitive pepper using a tamping iron. While he was doing this, a invigorate from the tamping iron ignited the connections, causing the iron to be propelled at pre-eminent despatch total miracle of Gage’s skull. It entered directed the left-hand cheek bone and exited be means of the beyond associate of the managing president, and was later recovered some 30 yards from the span tanie pozycjonowanie.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bartz like Interested said, most insurers will offer a basic 3rd party, though may be worth your while to try a marine based insurer 1st, such as Club Marine as an example, (I'm in no way touting Club

Posted Images

I am amazed at some of these answers - for what it is worth I quit cat racing (which means I quit sailing as I wouldn't be caught dead on a slomono) due to a lack of one design cat racing - racing and handicapping different 14' cats (or any other size) together is hopeless - the Arrow class has been completely destroyed by illegally ballasted (not scrutineerable) and shaped fibreglass hulls, boyer rudders, use of carbon, mast spreaders, non-Dacron sails, square top mains etc etc and etc - the rules are nowhere near strict enough and therefore the cost is not contained - they could of been a good entry level boat which can be raced from a young age for a lifetime as has already been done but it is ruined now. The point is 2fold - keep it simple and cheap - choose 1 class of 14' cat (which could of been arrows - maybe not pt's due to no traps) and promote it nationwide - make it desirable to be in it and build it up - This is why some people leave or don't come at all - it is about how you make people feel - if they feel they can compete with some dignity and not get mauled by money and ridiculous yardsticks they just might 'get on board' Not everyone will agree with me - just my thoughts 'from the water's edge'

Touche Limousine. I've said for a long time people want class racing 1st = 1st 3rd = 3rd, everythings the same except the name, the number and the colour and no changing boats with different sails, construction etc doesn't bring a whole lot of new people to the class, it infacts splits fleets and turns people off. I think there is a lot to think about in this post.

This last weekend showed very well what 14ft cat racing was all about. Even though the winds were light and the weed wicked there was racing for all of the cats. As always the guys who spent most spent their lonely time up the front, the rest of us battled each other wherever we were. To me, it's a bonus to finish near the front in those conditions.

I think if you want to sail one design, then the Laser (or whatever its called these days) is for you. There doesn't seem to be an equivalent in cats but at least in this surround you can put down small money and still get a good race.

If they ever put up the results then we'll see how many small cats there were. Even in the Hobie 18's there was a good turn out of a variable bunch of boat too, people sailing and enjoying doing it.

KO

mate must say the old hobie 18`s are still a cheap boat to buy, and old ones are still competive. as my $ 200 boat proved at toukley! won a race and was up the front in most. thats why this class is growing again. they have not changed in 30yrs, and can be sailed single up to 18knts no problem. toukley now has 8 of them sailing next season and this fleet will only grow! but are a bit of a handful for juniors. the problem with other class`s is they keep spending money and updateing their riggs! i know all are talking about 14`s but it seems the old mans boats have that formula already. just my point of veiw>.

Jim, If you want to be competitive in any class including lasers you have to spend money!!! stop harping on about it. In yesterdays race (Monday) the oldest cat rigged mari finished second in the 14 footers on scratch. he beat at least 2 foam sandwich supper sloops. Even you overtook me in one race with your old boat cat rigged and me in a super sloop. I would be happy to put you on my boat (with your radial racing sail) and me put my sail on your platform and race you.

It does not cost money to oil the check the few moving parts on a Mari most people neglect their rudders and sail with helm or damaged rudders but most of the time these few parts do not operate through poor maintenance and hence slow peoples response time as they have to focus on little things instead of the wind.

We proved this last nats, when in one race the fleet was reversed, this is the person on the leading boat had to sail the boat coming last the second person had to sail the second last boat etc. The results for that race were not a lot different than for all the other races.

Jim, If you want to be competitive in any class including lasers you have to spend money!!! stop harping on about it. In yesterdays race (Monday) the oldest cat rigged mari finished second in the 14 footers on scratch. he beat at least 2 foam sandwich supper sloops. Even you overtook me in one race with your old boat cat rigged and me in a super sloop. I would be happy to put you on my boat (with your radial racing sail) and me put my sail on your platform and race you.

It does not cost money to oil and check the few moving parts on a Mari most people neglect their rudders and sail with helm or damaged rudders but most of the time these few parts do not operate through poor maintenance and hence slow peoples response time as they have to focus on little things instead of the wind.

At the last nats, when in one race the fleet was reversed, this is the person on the leading boat had to sail the boat coming last the second person had to sail the second last boat etc. The results for that race were not a lot different than for all the other races.

Guest Reesianef

Generate More Sales Using These SEO Tips That Rank You Higher

Rome wasn't built in a day. A prosperous search engine optimisation plan isn't either. The quantity of tricks on the market to improve your rankings from the major search engine listings is seemingly limitless. This post will attempt to hit on several of the highlights to help you get soon on your way the most notable.

When you use SEO, avoid keyword stuffing, or keyword densities that were artificially inflated to exceed ten percent of your total text. Search engines will generally view websites like these as possible spam, and may also ban your site from their listings altogether. Using natural text will avoid this concern and still drive traffic to your web site.

To search engine optimize your internet site, don't include greater than 150 internal linking hyperlinks on the home-page. Lots of internal links on a single page can dilute an online page's google search rank. Huge amounts of links also help it become hard for visitors to get the information that they can need quickly.

If you wish to make sure your website has high-visibility in search engines, ensure you are using relevant keywords throughout your page. As an illustration, if your website is about vegan foods, you should utilize phrases like "healthy vegan recipes" or "meat-less alternatives" throughout your web site. This way, people who search these specific keywords may well be more likely to see your site.

Rather than a link exchange, consider a write-up exchange to increase your search engine results. Articles exchange happens when you post a full article by another website owner in your site, crediting all of them with a web link, and they also do the same goes with an article you possess written. It can be more potent than the usual link exchange, and both sites receive new content.

Publish content with very little HTML code as you possibly can. Search engines like google prefer pages that favor actual content instead of a great deal of HTML code. The truth is, they consistently rank them higher. So, when writing with SEO in mind, maintain the code basic and pay attention to engaging your audience through your words.

Think of including a blog on your webpage if you wish to increase the risk of appearing on the most searches. Search engines are seeking updated content, therefore if your page is outdated, this can be the best path to take. Include a blog on the site for more visitors and greater sales.

In case you are attempting to get your site going and want it to arrive towards the top of the search results, you need to make sure that you write great original unique content. In case your content is not unique, you can expect to never rise above other websites that have the identical thing.

This doesn't even commence to cover all of the methods to increase your odds of getting to the top ranks for your personal chosen keywords. Start applying the following tips to your internet strategies and you will learn to visit a difference. Effective SEO plans require constant learning and adjustments, so maintain your ear to the ground along with a solid hold on your approaches for success.

The Maricat is a cheap class when compared to the other sailing classes.

$2K-$3K for a decent rig with new sails ready to race at any level,,that's dirt cheap.Take a look around and see what dollars are spent to be at front of fleet,even a competitive kids Manly Junior is going to cost over $5K to be near front of kids nationals,Lasers the same..over $9K for a decent MG14 and $40K for a competitive 16ft skiff.

Spending a couple of grand for a competitive Mari with new rags is unheard of in other classes of sailing..

Sando had a interesting sail with one of our clubs Manly Jnrs skippers.The conversation eventually got down to the price of a windrush compared to that of a MJ..It was an eye opener when considering bang for your buck.

Basically the kid mentioned how he could sell his MJ and buy a Windy with plenty of change,

So Jimbo, in the mari's I had the newest "legal" sails (2 outings for the main, 1 outing for the jib) there, the newest rudders, the newest front beam, the newest mast, a newer set of hulls than Mick or Mark, yet I was no where near the front, I recall you (cat rigged, old boat) flogged me (super sloop, fairly new boat) almost every race, therefore if it is the guy who spends the most gets to the front, there must be a bad equation there somewhere for me.

in our case it was probably the person who'd spent most time in light wind. Back in old Blighty when I was a youngster we rarely had decent breeze (I learned to sail on a 35 acre reservoir in a dip in the middle of England).

as we've seen before (few weeks ago at Toukley) you were well ahead once you got out on the trap.

Interestingly at last weeks Sauna Sail regatta at Hazelwood, out of about 100 boats that took part, there was only one 14' catamaran.

The fleet was mixed with plenty of mosquito's, Hobie 16's, Vipers, Taipans etc.

Not one PT, Arrow, Mari, or Windrush.

Just one very lonely Nacra430 and an arrafura cadet.

Is this the future of 14' cat sailing?

Some of the closest 14ft racing that you can see is at Mannering Parks annual 14ft Cat Regatta. We have Maricat's , Windrush's , Paper Tigers , Arrows and the Nacra 430. Each class is usually represented by it's State or National champ. Heat wins are usually spread across the classes, depending on the breeze and skill level's. Feel's a bit like one design racing.

On the subject of the Arrow's, it's news to me that the class has been " completely destroyed ". The last 10 years we have averaged 24 boats at our National's with a good spread of entries from QLD, NSW , VIC , SA and one from the NT. The 'foam / fiberglass ' boat's , ( about 6 ) appear to be no faster or slower than the timber hulls. Boyer rudder blades are popular but I have seen many excellent home made blades as well. Carbon is usually discussed at each AGM , with the same result each year , no, we don't want it. As for the spreaders, a very simple and cost effective way to control our $80 masts. The square top main is the same sail area as the original main , looks better but still not convinced that it is any faster. My sailmaker quotes similar prices for dacron or mylar cloth. Our class rules are flexible enough for the amateur builder and all of our fittings are off the shelf at your local ship's chandler. My previous boat ( home made from timber) is now 35 years old and is only 3 kg above minimum weight. It all sounds simple and cheap to me. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Mannering Park in October. Gary.

Guest Poergegor

Pick The Web Hosting Firm That Works For You

Everybody wants to make sure that their website has got the very best stability achievable. If you want to work out how you can get an excellent hosting company then this post is great for you. All the knowledge in the following paragraphs can assist you in learning what it takes to identify a host which fits your website.

Steer clear of long-term agreements if you do not already are knowledgeable about the variety. Several web hosts will offer you a reduced price in the event you signal a lengthy-term agreement, but this can be a high-risk method for saving funds. If you find yourself disappointed together with your service or quantity of down-time, you will face big termination costs or be forced to stay using the support. Constantly start out with a short-expression agreement. Should you be content with your internet hosting, you can switch to a long-expression agreement when it is time and energy to replace.

hosting

Always sign up by using a internet hosting service which offers a money back guarantee to shield your likes and dislikes. Most companies will give you thirty days to modify your thoughts, or when some thing unforeseen arises, let you a whole reimburse. Naturally you aspire to stay with your internet website targets, but need to anything go wrong, you will not be shedding dollars.

As your online business continues, you should consider if your web host remains to be adapting. When you have observed that your internet site is off-line too often or how the internet pages load slowly and gradually, it will be time for you to proceed to an additional variety now that you can pay for a better program.

Look for diverse testimonials with a website hosting services. If you know any online marketers individually, inquire further which support they use and how significantly they shell out. Examine diverse options and search for critiques written by individuals who have a web site like the kind of project you will be concentrating on.

You should always back up your computer data all by yourself, as an alternative to relying upon your online host to protect your details. The better backups you retain of your details, the better shielded you will be. Prior to having to pay a hosting provider, ask them with regards to their back-up solutions and the way very much redundancy protection they have got offered.

When you have numerous websites, think about hosting every one of them with the same firm. Some companies offer important discounts for several websites. In addition, starting up a whole new web site by using a business you are aware provides you with the comfort of understanding you are working with a organization you can rely on.

Select a website hosting organization which offers 24 / 7 customer service. From the very competitive world of web hosting, 24-hour services are the minimum currently . Any company that doesn't offer you this is simply not very competitive. When you are seeking to get somebody at risk at 3 a.m. as soon as your website crashes, you will be happy you may have this specific service.

Once you have your site up and proceeding, it is essential that you accumulate statistics concerning your web site. These statistics let you know many things including how many clients and their steps. Get a great web hosting support that provides these sorts of statistics so that you can make company selections about.

Prevent any hosting organization that features a track record of messing in the payment and repayment program, regardless how trustworthy their hosting may seem. Regardless if a business offers reliable website hosting, failure to manage other crucial facets of the company could mean trouble for you too, which include unexpected blackouts when the invoicing automation process are unable to effectively record customer deals.

Especially if you are thinking about by using a web host that is certainly small or not known, usually inquire about their reliability regarding infrastructure. Determine if the machines they make use of have obsolete power, if they have generators in case there is potential failing, and what sort of stability is at position. This might include equally on the web and within their actual location.

An excellent idea for people searching for great website hosting would be to generally have a file backup program. You could join using a hosting service simply to be unhappy using the business you will be working with . It is always smart to have got a back-up hosting provider that you could change to.

If you wish to host your website on the house or office pc, you should safeguard on your own from episodes by hackers. To do this, you must check and twice-verify your process configurations to ensure that the data files and programs in the method are attached. Unless your internet site is sponsored on the totally secured method, it is vulnerable to stability breaches and vicious use.

When picking a web number, think about exactly how much the variety charges. Some hosts demand over a for every-year time frame although some can be four weeks-to-month. Locate a variety which costs about about $5 each month simply because this will probably give you a wonderful value for your money instead of a totally free web hosting service web site which may not provide as much possibilities.

You must choose a web host that provides an excellent FTP software. An File transfer protocol software program enables you to add new articles to your site quickly and safely. If you must visit your host's site and log in to publish new articles, you are losing time and effort.

Just before deciding to dump your present hosting company and choose one which costs less, look at the application websites of other manufacturers. You will need to be sure that they can be works with your existing provider, to be able to easily transfer or reproduce your files . Avoid some real migraines by picking meticulously.

Now you use a better thought of what kind of web host you need to be receiving you may now figure out in which you wish to have your site at. Hosting is vital for your personal site's stableness, so ensure you utilize all that you acquired today which means that your web site can have the potential to achieve success.Hosting

Some web hosts use the services of a greater hold to supply their offerings for you. These companies buy a prohibit of area in the host for much less, and change revenue by leasing space to smaller sized web sites. You can even examine out different internet hosts under the exact same company, as you may look for a far better deal using this method!

Guest Poergegor

Pick The Website Hosting Business Which Fits Your Life-style

Everyone would like to ensure that their internet site provides the very best stableness feasible. If you would like see how you can get a great hosting company then this article is perfect for you. Each of the understanding in this article can help you in mastering what is required to locate a hold that suits your website.

Steer clear of long term contracts until you already are knowledgeable about the number. Many website hosts will give you a reduced price should you sign a long-expression agreement, but this is usually a risky way to save dollars. If you end up dissatisfied with your assistance or amount of downward-time, you may face hefty termination charges or need to keep together with the service. Always commence with a shorter-term agreement. In case you are pleased with your web hosting service, you could alteration to an extended-term agreement when it is time and energy to recharge.

hosting

Always register with a internet hosting services that provides a money back refund to protect your passions. Many companies provides you with 1 month to change your mind, or in case anything unanticipated shows up, let you a whole refund. Obviously you hope to stick to your internet website goals, but need to something get it wrong, you will not be shedding funds.

As your online business continues, you should ask yourself if your web host continues to be adapting. In case you have observed that your website is off the internet excessively or the web pages weight little by little, it may be time to proceed to an additional number as you now can afford an improved prepare.

Try to find different reviews over a hosting support. When you know any webmasters actually, question them which service they prefer and just how much they pay out. Evaluate distinct options to check out evaluations written by those who have an internet site similar to the sort of undertaking you are working on.

It is recommended to support your data all by yourself, rather than counting on your web hold to safeguard your information. The greater number of backups you retain of your own data, the greater number of safeguarded you will end up. Just before spending a hosting provider, ask them about their file backup solutions and how a lot redundancy safety they already have offered.

In case you have numerous web sites, think about web hosting service all of them using the same business. Many companies offer you significant reduced prices for several internet domain names. In addition, beginning a whole new website using a organization you already know will give you the comfort of understanding you happen to be working with a company you can rely on.

Choose a hosting organization that gives around the clock customer support. From the very competitive field of website hosting, 24-hour or so services are the bare minimum nowadays . Any company that doesn't offer this may not be aggressive. If you are wanting to get an individual at risk at 3 a.m. whenever your site crashes, you will be glad you have the service.

After you have your web site up and moving, it is vital that you gather data relating to your internet site. These figures tell you a lot of things which include just how many customers in addition to their actions. Get a excellent hosting service that gives most of these figures for you to make company selections about.

Steer clear of any internet hosting organization that features a history of messing the charging and transaction system, regardless how reputable their hosting might seem. Regardless if a business offers reliable internet hosting, malfunction to control other crucial elements of the business often means difficulties for you also, which includes immediate outages in case the charging automation system could not correctly keep an eye on customer transactions.

Particularly if you are thinking about using a hosting company which is modest or unfamiliar, generally inquire about their reliability when it comes to facilities. Determine if the web servers they employ have obsolete energy, if they have generators in case of power failing, and what sort of safety is in location. This would incorporate equally on the internet and inside their actual physical spot.

An incredible tip for anyone trying to find very good web hosting is always to always have a file backup strategy. You could possibly sign up with a web hosting support simply to be unsatisfied with all the organization you will be working with . It is always a smart idea to have a backup host company you could change to.

If you wish to variety your blog on your office or home pc, you need to guard your self from attacks by hackers. In order to do this, you must check and double-check all of your program designs to make sure that the data files and courses about the program are attached. Except if your site is sponsored with a totally secured system, it can be in danger of protection breaches and malicious use.

When selecting a web-based number, look at exactly how much the variety costs. Some hosts charge with a every-season foundation even though some might be calendar month-to-30 days. Search for a host which costs an average of about $5 per month because this will in all probability supply you with a fantastic bang for your buck as opposed to a totally free hosting site that may not offer as numerous possibilities.

You should choose a hosting company that provides an effective File transfer protocol application. An File transfer protocol computer software permits you to post new articles to your site swiftly and securely. If you have to go to your host's internet site and log on to publish new content material, you might be losing a lot of time.

Well before deciding to ditch your own web host and go for one which cost less, consider the computer software platforms of other companies. You will want to make certain that they are compatible with your present supplier, to enable you to quickly move or duplicate your records . Stay away from some true severe headaches by picking very carefully.

As you now have got a greater thought of what type of hosting company you ought to be receiving anyone can find out exactly where you would like to have your blog at. Website hosting is essential to your site's steadiness, so be sure you apply all of that you figured out nowadays so that your web site can have the possibility to be successful.Hosting

Some web hosts use a bigger host to offer their products for your needs. These organizations buy a obstruct of place around the host for much less, and transform revenue by renting place to small web sites. You should check out different internet hosts under the exact same company, since you may look for a better package this way!

Woudn't name anyone but several fibreglass 'arrows' if you could call them that have had in excess of $10000 spent on them with illegal amounts of centralised ballast to bring them up to weight (rules only allow 3kg total added ballast)- this gives a significant upwind advantage with reduced pitch. This cannot be proved or picked up and disqualified by scrutineers. The rules were originally meant for plywood construction so the point was that maybe they should of been left alone except for all the other issues with them not being strict enough to control cost as would actually suit the 'amateur' builder. I understand you are defensive if you are an owner - a genuine 1 design 14' class would be a great thing but arrows unfortunately are not it. I don't have all the answers but things like carbon and boyer rudders are not the answer either - why the rules don't sensibly define home made rudders as they do for the centreboard is beyond me.

Good boyers can cost more than a whole boat! I could easily refute anything and everything but that also doesn't help - The original post brought up a very pertinent point re 14' cat sailing - I totally believe/agree that we could build numbers and benefit from a much stricter/simpler/cheaper one design class in this size.

Guest Poergegor

Opt For The Internet Hosting Business That Works For You

Everyone wants to be sure that their website has the finest stability possible. If you want to see how you can find a fantastic web host then this information is ideal for you. Each of the knowledge on this page can help you in mastering what it takes to identify a variety that meets your blog.

Steer clear of long-term deals except if you are already knowledgeable about the host. Numerous web hosts will offer you a reduced amount should you sign a long-expression deal, but this may be a risky strategy for saving funds. If you end up dissatisfied with the services or level of down-time, you are going to face big termination charges or have to stay with all the support. Constantly commence with a brief-phrase deal. When you are satisfied with your web hosting service, you could always change to a lengthy-expression commitment when it is time and energy to replace.

hosting

Generally sign up with a web hosting support which offers a cash back guarantee to guard your interests. Many companies gives you four weeks to change your brain, or when something unexpected comes up, permit you a full refund. Certainly you hope to keep with your internet internet site objectives, but ought to some thing go wrong, you will not be burning off funds.

As your web business advances, you ought to ask yourself if your web number remains adapting. When you have seen that your website is offline excessively or the internet pages fill gradually, it might be time for you to move on to one more host now that you is able to afford an improved program.

Look for distinct evaluations on the web hosting assistance. If you know any online marketers actually, inquire further which assistance they normally use and exactly how significantly they spend. Evaluate various places and search for evaluations written by those who have an internet site just like the sort of venture you are taking care of.

It is wise to support your information all on your own, as an alternative to counting on your internet number to safeguard your data. The better backups you keep of your info, the more protected you will end up. Well before paying a host company, ask them regarding their file backup professional services and how a lot redundancy safety they have got available.

If you have a variety of web sites, look at internet hosting every one of them with the exact same business. Most companies offer you substantial reductions in price for multiple internet domain names. In addition, beginning a new internet site using a firm you are already aware offers you enhanced comfort of understanding you will be working with a company you can rely on.

Select a internet hosting business that provides 24 / 7 customer service. From the competitive arena of web hosting, 24-hr services are the lowest currently . Any organization that doesn't offer you this may not be aggressive. When you find yourself attempting to get a person on the line at 3 a.m. as soon as your internet site fails, you will be glad you possess this particular service.

Once you have your web site up and moving, it is crucial that you collect figures concerning your internet site. These data let you know a lot of things such as the amount of consumers in addition to their actions. Look for a excellent web hosting support that gives most of these figures for you to make enterprise choices about.

Stay away from any web hosting firm that includes a reputation for messing within the charging and transaction method, regardless how trustworthy their web hosting might seem. Even though a business delivers reputable website hosting, malfunction to deal with other essential areas of the business can mean difficulties for you also, such as unexpected blackouts when the invoicing automation process could not accurately record customer deals.

Specifically if you are considering by using a hosting company that is certainly tiny or unknown, constantly find out about their reliability regarding structure. Determine whether the servers they utilize have obsolete strength, whether or not they have generators in the event of power malfunction, and what kind of safety is at place. This will include each online and inside their actual physical place.

A great hint for people trying to find very good website hosting would be to usually have a file backup plan. You could possibly sign up having a web hosting service just to be disappointed using the organization you happen to be working together with . It is usually a smart idea to have got a backup hosting provider that you could change to.

If you wish to hold your blog on your house or office computer, you should safeguard oneself from assaults by online hackers. In order to do this, you must check and twice-check out your system styles to ensure the files and programs on the process are secured. Except if your site is hosted on the entirely attached method, it is actually at risk for stability breaches and harmful use.

When selecting a web-based variety, take into account exactly how much the number fees. Some hosts cost over a for each-year basis although some can be month-to-month. Look for a variety which costs typically about $5 monthly since this will probably supply you with a great bang for your buck rather than a totally free web hosting site which could not supply as many possibilities.

You should choose a hosting company which offers a good FTP software. An FTP software program permits you to post new information for your website quickly and securely. When you have to go to your host's site and log in to upload new articles, you are losing a lot of time.

Just before determining to throw away your own web host and select one that costs less, take into account the software platforms of other businesses. You should ensure that they may be appropriate for your current company, to enable you to easily transfer or replicate your documents . Stay away from some actual severe headaches by choosing carefully.

Since you now have a far better notion of what sort of hosting company you have to be getting you can now discover in which you wish to have your blog at. Web hosting is essential to your site's balance, so ensure you implement all of that you figured out today so that your internet site can have the possibility to succeed.Hosting

Some web hosts use a greater hold to supply their choices to you. These firms buy a block of room about the server for a cheap price, and turn revenue by renting space to smaller websites. You can examine out distinct internet hosts underneath the very same business, since you may look for a better bargain this way!

There does seem to be a low number of 14ft cats sailing in Victoria...not sure why.

We will again have a Cat Weekend and Albury/Wodonga in November (on a Sail Inland Weekend) to encourage a few of the Vic 14s to come.

There has also been some talk of a 14ft get together at Lake Boga over Easter. I'm sure we could ask the organisers to use some Yardstick adjustments for older sails and boats.

Humungus and I discussed having a Cruise in Company at Port Stephens over the Christmas New Year period. Not a race and no need to be a sailing club member.

Maybe meet on Saturday morning at Port Stephens Sailing and Aquatic Club launching area. Sail up to Shoal Bay for lunch, then come back on the north easterly in the afternoon. Then on Sunday do some

in our case it was probably the person who'd spent most time in light wind. Back in old Blighty when I was a youngster we rarely had decent breeze (I learned to sail on a 35 acre reservoir in a dip in the middle of England).

as we've seen before (few weeks ago at Toukley) you were well ahead once you got out on the trap.

I'd like to think that once I got out on trap that I would be well ahead of cat rigged cats, otherwise why sail SS and use trap if you are just going to finish at the same time as the cat rigged boats then end up getting smacked on YS.