H18,s v h16,s

Hawky

Hi Guys

Seems it look,s like there is going to be a big Hobie Fleet of 16,s and 18,s this year at the wild cat regatta . So us 18 guy,s would like to challenge the 16 guys to a fun comp after one of the race,s .

Maybe speed trials or some thing or maybe!!.

One Idea come's to mind is tie one 18 guy to his mast(John Kersh) and one 16 guy to his mast (Andrew Nelson) lol and see who can escape first.

We all could set the BBQ up and all sit around them and see who would break out first . We would have to get a nacra sailor to tie them up so its fair .

It would be like the good old days lol!!!!

Cheers Hawky:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ArriskDus

Combat Hospital

I don't Clarisonic mia think many of my friends will believe that I enjoy the weekly portrayal of life in Afghanistan in the Canadian program, Combat Hospital. It does not have the witty repartee nor the discussion of social values that characterized one of my all time favourites, MASH. And it does not have one of favourite actors of my youth, Mike Farrell. But beyond those. it does have value. There Clarisonic mia are certain similarities in plot and setting for the two shows, but otherwise they are very different. I don't consider there to be much comparison. I've read some critiques of the Combat Hospital and I'm not sure I agree with them, either. The program is good and it does make me think.

I do find that the issues that are raised are often important and telling. One thing that should be remembered when comparing the program to other shows: when MASH premiered, it was set in a war that had been over for almost 20 years. Clarisonic mia Combat Hospital does not have that luxury. Although it is set in the Afghanistan of 2006, many of the issues are current: and if nothing else the invasion/war is still an active conflict.

Consider, for instance, the episode that aired last week (July 26th), guest starring Christina Cox. I thought it interesting that in the description of the episode, one of the online guides said: Meanwhile love is in the air when nurse Suzzy Chao develops a crush on Bobby and a Canadian Officer nike air max 1 falls for Pedersen. They (curiously) fail to mention that the Canadian nike air max Officer is Ms. Cox and Pederson is also a woman. The result is a series of very intense scenes where one woman hits on another and they discuss the attraction. I thought it was well acted, and quite blunt in the portrayal. I also thought it interesting that in all my searching of sites on the Internet, I could not find a picture that had the two women in one shot.

I will admit that I had a hard time with it, however. Not because I disagreed with any part of it: but because of friends I had in the past who could not be so free with their expressions. I had several friends in the American army who had to be careful because, if anyone knew their orientation, they could be fired. Army with respect to gay and lesbian soldiers remains in effect: although there are only 49 days to go. It will be officially repealed on September 20th. (I'm not sure what that means for gay and lesbian soldiers in the mean time, but at least it means that hope is in sight.)

Of course, one of the most ironic things about this show is that it is produced by a Canadian company: I believe it is from the Global television network. It is then sold for American distribution to ABC, and to others for Internet distribution. I saw it when it was broadcast last week, and wanted to review some of the footage, so I turned to Hulu. and therefore cannot watch it. Even though it originated on this side of the border.

Archived