2013 Maricat State titles on at Queens Lake

humungus2

Yes would be perfect opportunity but don't have enough spare time Darcy.Lucky to get Saturday arvo racing in atm.The only States I will likely see this season is watching the daughter sail the Sharpies.Thats the only reason I know I will be sailing down Bstemans Bay as it is a Sharpie State title so I plan on taking the cat down

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes would be perfect opportunity but don't have enough spare time Darcy.Lucky to get Saturday arvo racing in atm.The only States I will likely see this season is watching the daughter sail the Sharpies.Thats the only reason I know I will be sailing down Bstemans Bay as it is a Sharpie State title so I plan on taking the cat down

As reported else where the older Pointed Reply has gone to new home at Concord Ryde.

Whether I make it to Queens Lake will depend on how the soccer teams, that I coach, go in the Champions of Champions Tournament.

If they win on the 15th then we play again on the 22nd, loose then I will be there.

The kids and the team get priority over sailing.........

PREPERATION!!!!!!! I have spent another winter tweaking and loving my boat. I will not be leaving the beach before I check, check and check again all compartments. But wait, there is more, The game is on, those of you hull depositors from the past better be doing the checks on their boats because aparently on the banks of Queens Lake, items of all shapes and sizes some how just love to hide in hard to find places.

Mick you will need to check check and double check, remember it was you who started all this, as I said when it started, "you wanna play do you, OK Mick I'll play".

Check all pins sheets shackles ropes and knots who knows which one will be loose or undone, then check all voids as you wont know what is being added to the ballast.

So, the Maricats start arriving today at Queens Lake for the pe-state titles tuning. An ACT boat normaly sailed by a lovley lady (Donna Grant (ex- SS natioanl champ) is the one for the lady Krystal Weir (laser olympian). The other boat is from Port Stephens and will be saild by a top class sailor to be anounced very soon.

Great sponsorship to be anounced next week, tropies for all divisions. Huge tropie for best on handicap thanks to Mid Coast Sails (Rohan).

We have an anousment regarding assoiciation news.

The AGM will be held on the Sunday Morning at 8am at the Queens Lake sailing club.

ACT guys are flying up to sail, More boats being piggy backed then ever before.

Don't be one of the few to miss this huge event.

If you can't make it, lend your boat to somone who can.

Two champion sailors have been practicing, tuning and tweeking there borrowed boats at Port Macquarie. I can't wait for the super sloop compertition. Rohan from Mid Coast Sails has been working lots of overtime pumping out sails for lots of keen sailors. BE THERE OR BE A LOSER.

Are all these quality sailors from other classes converting to the Maricats permanently or are thery just Trophy Hunting Ring-ins?

Would be great to have an increase in Maricat class numbers but totally the opposite effect to have ring-ins only jumping into the Maricat class for the State Titles and Trophy.

As someone who has committed to the Maricat class I hope these quality sailors you speak of stay in the class or it will just make a mockery of  the Maricat Class and Titles.

No they are probably not converting to Maricats, and they may be trophy hunters, but so what. By that rule does that mean that if I can get a boat to sail at the Hobie worlds I should really be excluded as I am really a Mari guy not a hobie guy.

All people sailing have to be a member of NSW/ACT maricat assoc have to pay their assoc membership and have to stump up the fee's for the states.

Possibly would it be better to have 5 boats only sail this weekend as they are the only ones sailed by the regular maricat sailors who have gone every where for the last 5 or 6 years titles.

Also the Assoc has very little money in the bank (read that as none), the more people we can get to the states the more the cost of staging the states is spread. We have fought for years to get more boats to titles with not much luck, staging titles at places where there was normally plenty of Maris sailed only to have them stay away in droves. This lack of boats entering titles is one of the reasons the assoc went down, we just couldn't get enough finances in to cover the costs of running the assoc. If you get more boats to titles you get more memberships paid, you get more entry fees, it puts the assoc in a viable position to keep going, does it matter that they normally sail in another class.

Are we going to be excluded from PKSC regattas now because we are not committed to becoming PKSC club members but just want to visit come and sail at the odd regatta and maybe take home a trophy if we are lucky on the day.

enjoy your weekend

I know I will because I will be sailing at the Maricat NSW/ACT state titles, and I will learn from sailing against these quality sailors.

Phil

Maricat 5005

Yes the quality field at the States will be a bonus for the Maricat class sailors to compete against.

Of course PKSC welcomes all sailors from all classes to our awesome club Phil.

As for enjoying this weekends sailing :

Sat is Rnd 2PS and Rnd 1 CC at PKSC ..

Sunday is Rnd 2 PS for IYC 16 foot skiffs series.

Plenty of quality in those 2 club race fields.

You must agree however Phil that it would be a bonus if all those quality crews competing at States would commit to the Mari Class fulltime.

Archived