Trampoline stitching

Hey all, quick question.

Does anyone know of a place in Sydney that repairs trampolines? The tramp on my Maricat 14' has come unstitched at the port rear, in particular the webbing that holds the tramp tensioning rope is coming free. I am hoping not to have to dismantle the trampoline as it looks like I would have to drill out several rivets to free it.

Any ideas? I can post pictures of the damage if that helps.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Well, tomorrow turned out to be a few days more, end of term is crazy times!

Here is the offending trim. As you can see, the tramp is fine, it is the white tape that has gone.

DSC03681_zpsb33feb17.jpg

You will probably notice my 'handyman' fix for the rudder elbows. Seems to do the trick, will be keeping an eye on the tubing to make sure it doesn't go brittle.

From what trawling the web has informed me, I need to drill out the rivets to remove the tramp? I am really hoping it can be done in-situ to avoid a lot of mucking about.

DSC03683_zps3e867152.jpg

Any advice appreciated :)

Dave

G'day Dave it looks like you don't need to drill the rivets out, untie the rear then pull the tramp forward to the beam, it's a bit tricky at first because there's not much room but pull the slack upwards above the beam then just slide it sideways to get it off.

Thanks mate. So I take it that I slide it out the gap at the end of the riveted strip in the bottom picture?

Anyone recommend a good place to get it done, Sydney area? My mate has spoken to a couple of tent makers, but I am not sure if that's the way to go...

Dave

Yep that's where it comes out ;) Whoever fixes it will need zigzag, I would take it to a sail maker because they understand what the tramp is used for and it is a very basic job for them. I would strongly recommend that you thoroughly check and replace any of the white material, when I had my tramp repaired I got them to replace all the white with bolt ropes on it so that I never had to worry about it again

Archived