Sail Brisbane Humpybong Yacht Club

Leon

Sail Brisbane – HYC – Easter 2014: Call for volunteers

Comments

Sail Brisbane Logo

As you are hopefully already aware, Humpybong Yacht Club has pulled off a small miracle and is the first club outside of the Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron to be included as an official host club for Sail Brisbane, for which Yachting Queensland is the organising authority.

HYC will be hosting the A Class, Nacra, Cobra and Moth State Championships as part of the Sail Brisbane event from Friday 18th – Sunday 19th April. There will be 2 races on the Friday and 3 races on each of Saturday and Sunday.

We are expecting 70+ boats and the regatta has attracted “Event” Status from the Moreton Bay Regional Council. We have already organised some “in kind” sponsorship through the Belvedere Hotel – they will be assisting us with the welcome and presentation functions – and the HYC committee and members are well on our way towards organising what should be a great regatta. Alan Carlisle, a National Judge, will be the Principal Race Officer for the event and Brisbane Sailing Squadron, Darling Point Sailing Squadron and Moreton Bay Boat Club are also contributing boats and volunteers.

We need volunteers leading up to the regatta and across the three days of sailing to crew our start boat, finish boat and rescue boats and potentially perform other duties related to the racing. We really need our members and friends to register their availability to participate in and contribute to the success of this regatta. Registrations of interest can be made through the HYC site at: http://hyc.net.au/sail-brisbane/ and clicking on the “Volunteer Registration” link (or go straight there now…).

Please make yourself available as a volunteer if you are able (even if you are sailing in the regatta) and please take the time and effort to register so that we can more easily and efficiently organise and communicate with you as volunteers. Once you have registered, we will be in touch to find out what your availability is and what you can contribute.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you. If you hear of anyone associated with the club who may not have received this, then please spread the word.

Glenn Dalton

Vice Commodore

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I just wish to give you all an update for the upcoming A class State Championships at HYC at Easter as part of their Sail Brisbane regatta.

Please note that to save time for both you and the volunteers (who are always busy on the first morning), you can go to the NOR page on HYC web site at this link http://hyc.net.au/sail-brisbane/sail-brisbane-nor/ and in point 2.2 click on the link to enter. You don't have to pay at this time if you don't want to but at least HYC will have all your entry details.

As we are going to be part of the major 'Sail Brisbane' regatta the format is slightly different this time as HYC will be organising the entire event including the social calendar and additional trophies etc. BUT I have ensured the A-Class entrants and immediate family will be hosted in the HYC clubhouse on Friday evening for our traditional 'Raw Prawn" welcome party - so hope to see you all then (and make sure you hold down systems for rudders are 'flexible' as there may be a few jellyfish around still - but I will give all a report on this closer to Easter).

Also our state measurer John Dowling has confirmed there won't be any measuring at the event. Boats, sails and masts need to be stickered and measured before then. He is happy to do any after 28 Feb by arrangement. People can contact him any time on aus9@icloud.com or his aus phone number 0409370641 after 28 Feb. Measurement fee is $50.

Please make sure if any doubt to contact John.

Hope to see you all at Easter.

Best Regards

Andrew Chaney

A-Class QLD

• 2 weeks later...

AIADCA A-Class Queensland Championship QLD Humpybong Yacht Club AUS 934 Harnessed Lunacy Peter Bradbury

QLD Humpybong Yacht club Aus 984 nill Leon McNeill

QLD Humpybong YC AUS912 Chil Factor Alex Duff

QLD HYC Aus 985 LR Sails 1 Lucas McDonald

QLD HYC AUS999 SCHEURER Andrew Chaney

come on we can do better that 5 boats.

Hi all,

Only just over 4 weeks to go to our Easter QLD State championships. I just sent you all a notice from Humpybong SC to remind you that online entry is now available (and pay on the day) which saves us all a heap of paperwork on Friday morning.

I have had little or no feedback from many members as to their attendance so can you all (do it now before moving on) send me a quick reply as to your intention to attend or otherwise, as we need to organise prawns and t-shirts etc and it's very difficult if we have no idea of numbers. It has also been suggested for those that enter on line prior to 11th April, all these members will go into a draw for a bottle of something really nice (and alcoholic).

Please send me a quick reply.

Thanks

Andrew Chaney

A-CLASS QLD

Attention all Queensland A-Class sailors,

The entries for the 2014 A-Class Queensland Championships are now open and we need you to register now so that we can get everything ready for you. There are now less than two months to the start of racing and so far only local Humpybong members have signed up to compete. I’m sure they’d like some competition! Check out the current entry list at http://hyc.net.au/sail-brisbane/sail-brisbane-entry-list/ to see who else has joined in since we sent this email.

Even if you are only a maybe to attend could you please go to http://hyc.net.au/sail-brisbane/ and click on the “Enter this event” button. All you need is a YA sailor number to enter. You don’t even have to pay the race fees until closer to race day. Please sign up today and get anyone else with an A-Class in Queensland to come along.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Another update for all those coming or thinking of attending the State Championships at Easter. I have confirmed about 15+ entries at the moment and a few making up their mind so looks like a good regatta. The Coronas are on ice along with the prawns and a guest Chef will be 'smoking' up a storm.

Good news is that the Jellyfish appear to have cleared (no sign of them over past few weeks racing) so no excuses now !

Can I also remind you all about measurement as this is a State Championship and running under the class rules I will need to see all those entries with the required stickers on hull, mast and sail. if you are unsure on your boats measurement status or don't have any stickers please call John Dowling ( 0409370641) or myself to make sure they are on your equipment by Good Friday morning. For some older designs and country/distant members I will make some allowances but for most of you (especially if you are thinking of attending the nationals at LCSC in the new year) we do expect compliance.

Also remember to save time and paperwork on Friday morning for us volunteers, can you all go to this link and enter via the

"" (see entry link at 2.2) - no need to pay via this AYF site if you don't want to as this can be done later of Friday morning.

Look forward to catching up with you all soon.

Best Regards

Andrew Chaney

A-Class QLD

• 2 weeks later...

One week to go until the start of Sail Brisbane 2014.

1. Have you got your entry in?

2. Have you got your accommodation sorted?

3. Have you got all of your repairs finished from the last sail?

4. Have you started to scope out your opposition?

Archived