ANZAC Regatta 1015

Bridgehugger

• 4 weeks later...

my Paper Tiger and Dad's nacra 14 square confirmed, as usual.
This regatta one of the highlights of the season; a fantastic place to race and great turn-out of boats.
We rig up on Corrigan's Beach, look out for the sandbar at low tide, go around Snapper Island and sail in the bay before the Toll Gates.
https://goo.gl/maps/ztZca
Love it when there's an easterly swell rolling through.

For accommodation, I favour the "studio units" at the Big4 Batemans Bay Beach Resort, which is walking distance to the club and rigging area. The big cats are usually seen parked on thebeach in front of the Clyde View Holiday Park. No shortage of B&Bs, units and all else nearby.

• 1 month later...

A mixed fleet of 14ft cats sailed on the weekend.

Saturday was light but with fairly flat seas for two races.

A thunderstorm threatened and finally arrived as the boats were heading back to the beach.

All boats and sailors had a good fresh water shower.

The forecast for Sunday was for 25-30 knots.

At 10.30 it was still quite calm but raining.

The course was set in the inner bay.

The rain stopped at race time and two races sailed in moderate but increasing breeze.

It was interesting sailing up wind but down swell....

The Maricat was able to hold off the Paper Tiger, Nacra 14, Windy and AO14.

What yardstick was the AO sailing on.  Yesterday I looked at the VYC yardsticks and it wasn't there.  Why was I looking? because Marko gave us all a good thrashing, he was 3/4 of a leg ahead at the finish but he didn't sign off, I think this was because he said he had an 'illegal' loose footed sail so I thought he should have sailed as an F14.  Neither F14 or AO are mentioned in the document.

Also, just because you're interested it shows modifications for non-foam Mari's.  Also it shows the optimum weight and has a weight adjustment chart (used, it suggests for non championship racing, ie Nationals, States etc) so Phil could have had a +2 since he was in the 20kgs overweight, Sam was fine, it was just Phil!!

Archived