Sail Number- Year of Manufacture

Kevatstocko

With insurance, look at Yachting NSW, there is a link there to, I think Nautilus.  I don't think they ask for age of the boat, particularly if you choose to go for just third party.  Mine was $50 or 60 (plus they send you a pair of sailing gloves, size is a lottery!).  My boat is the oldest in the fleet #16 and I didn't have any trouble.  

As to cost of repair it's cheap and easy to acquire one or more hulls if required to fix accidents.  They glue up really well too!  Main thing is to ensure that you don't smash into something light like a DNA A Class!

Ha ha ha once again the old chestnut reappears. Once again Jimbo he smashed into me, photo of the damage to my boat. You can't put a bow of an A class into a rear beam support on a Mari by any other method. Yes I was in the wrong but it was he caused it, same as some idiot slamming on his brakes mid traffic for no reason, you run into him, you're in the wrong but he caused it.  Also as it turned out he did not obey rule 14.  He was a young guy who had borrowed a new boat, I don't know if he had insurance or not, (possibly not) I figured the decent thing was for me to not contest the protest and allow my insurance (which I knew for sure that I had) to cover the costs.

post-6862-0-40894000-1426587380_thumb.jp

• 7 years later...
  • 11 months later...