Narca OTB boat Insurance

Mark Dennis

Hi. I just called Club Marine "Australia's largest provider of pleasure craft insurance" and they told me they don't insure Nacra OTB multi-hulls. She thought it was Nacra specifically that they don't cover because it wasn't listed in their list of manufacturers. In other words: Computer says no.

Seems weird to me as it's not like Nacra is a niche brand. They had Hobie Cat in their list. So the question is, does anyone have a good insurance company I can try that will insure a Nacra OTB Multi-hull for club racing etc. ?

Just FYI, I tried through my Credit Union which goes to CGU and although they would insure the boat they were pretty vague about covering things like storing the boat at the club and damage to other boats while racing. I got nervous when they asked what sized motor I had on the boat and how fast it went...

I ended up with Tudor Insurance which I remembered insured me years ago when I was sailing an Impulse. They seem to know the OTB Cat game and only deal with agreed value so there's no mucking around with market value arguments when claiming.

• 1 month later...

Archived