Trampoline mesh fabric supplier Sydney

PaulW

The grommets holding the hiking straps have pulled out of the mesh in the middle of the tramp on one side of my Weta trimaran and I need to add a patch of mesh material to cover the holes but also because I want to change the strap system to more like the H16/H14.

With the strap stitched at one end to the tramp edge, through a webbing loop in the centre of the tramp, and then a loop in the webbing at the other end so a line can be fed through the loop and tied off underneath the tramp allowing the length to be adjusted. I'll then use some bungee to keep it taught.

Can anyone give me then contact details for a supplier of small amounts of the black polypropylene mesh material in Australia?

Thanks

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

I'd try kids trampoline suppliers and see if they sell you a couple of meters or whatever you require otherwise keep an eye on Gumtree for free or dirt cheap trampolines. Most trampolines end up being thrown away after 2-3 years because the springs rust away and cut through the webbing, the mesh is UV protected and lasts for another 10 years or more.

A couple of months ago I was looking for some mesh to build a couple of thicker tramps for my cat as the old ones were stretching near the eyelets from walking on them. I couldn't find a supplier either but then I was offered a free 12' jumping trampoline mesh and ended up building the new tramps from that.

If you're interested in the Central Coast, contact Darcy (his number is in the for sale and Maricat sections) he knows a guy in Mannering Park (Graham I think) who does this sort of stuff.  He restitched my Maricat tramp.  Subsequently I also cut off the hiking straps and reworked them with new ones, mine are adjustable at both ends.  In the front, I burned small holes in the tramp with a soldering iron and put in a plastic grommet from Bunnings (about $3 for ten) and put the spectra through there and onto saddles on the front beam.

Archived