Windrush 14 Parts needed

Kurt P

Hi folks,

I have just been given a Windrush 14, the last one I had was in about 1985 so am pretty excited to get up and sailing but am missing a couple of bits.

- I have rudders but no tiller or tiller extension.  could just go buy an aluminium tube but see what's available first

- side track, the aluminium piece that holds the tramp on and the jib block for the starboard side

- Self furling jib? had one on my boat 30 years ago.

it seems to get water in when it rains so might reseal all the penetrations.

Located in Brisbane

Cheers

Kurt

Tiller - If money is no option buy new from Sunstate Hobie (Kawana or Murarrie), Brisbane Cat Centre (Richlands), Whitworths Marine or Boating & RV (Capalaba). DIY ali for a cheaper alternative.

Side Track - If its the ali track I think it is Bunnings or most hardware stores sell it in the ali extrusions section. I think they call it Caravan annex extrusion??

Do you mean Self tacking jib? Or your after a furler as your jib has no battens? Furlers 2nd hand with pigtail swivel $120ish otherwise new from the above places will cost $180+. The Ronstan RF76 is the go for your 14ft Windy.

Also too i run a social sailing group here in SEQ. We welcome all beach cat makes so check us out. We see plenty of Windrush 14's around but none that consistently sail with the group so would be great to have you aboard!. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthEastQueenslandHobieSailing/

Thanks for the response

Matt definitely want to spend as little as possible, need to get it going so I can get it in the water and see how she goes before committing time and money to her.

Side track seems to be what you mentioned already but not track for the jib cleat, Steve has one but is in Melbourne, thanks Steve.

Self furling jib so I can roll it up

Sailing group sounds great, will like the page and maybe come out when I get this thing sea worthy

Cheers

Kurt

Archived